Which machine is more exquisite in Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Soul debate? My answer is Dinamica Plus, with a slight twist.
The winner Delonghi Dinamica Plus is a much simpler machine that I believe beginners and intermediate users will love. It has an impressive list of 14 programmable drinks, from no milk to milk-based. I love the espresso quality, which is balanced and nutty. And the milk texture is worthwhile as well. A well-rounded model for homeowners indeed.
The runner-up Delonghi Primadonna Soul is a highly formidable espresso machine that I think suits offices and commercial purposes the best. It has a shocking 21 programmable one-touch drinks that I find very diverse, and the taste is excellent as well. It would have been the winner if this model were less expensive and more straightforward to manage.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Soul: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Soul: Differences
Delonghi Dinamica Plus wins 3-2 against Primadonna Soul thanks to its more stable operation. Even though Primadonna Soul has a more elaborate system, it lacks smoothness and consistency in operation. Furthermore, it is more complicated to handle and is much more expensive. Dinamica Plus is more worth buying.
Coffee Flavor: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
I prefer the grinder of Delonghi Dinamica Plus so much more for 3 main reasons: quietness, numerous settings, and easy adjustment.
This pair uses a conical burr grinder to grind coffee beans, and from their prices, I expect both to function smoothly. However, Dinamica Plus is the one that succeeded in keeping the noise level to a minimum level, exactly as I hoped for. Primadonna Soul, on the other hand, produces a loud rumbling noise.
As for the grind settings, Dinamica Plus boasts of 13 diverse settings that allow users to adjust the ground from coarse to fine, hence the espresso flavor from mild to strong. As for Primadonna Soul, it uses a system called Bean Adapt Technology to decide how to handle the grinder, the extraction, and the temperature according to the bean types.
There are 4 settings to it only, and I don’t find the system to be incredibly accurate. Then I have to adjust the settings myself.
And about the simplicity of adjustment, I find Dinamica Plus easier since it has a direct physical dial control of the grinder settings inside the bean container. It makes changing the texture much easier. As for Primadonna Soul, every change must be carried out in the menu or the app, so I find it more complicated.
There is a big difference here. Dinamica Plus is equipped with dual boilers, while Primadonna Soul has a Thermoblock integrated into it. How do they perform?
I find the temperature of the drinks made by Priadonna Soul hotter, and the machine heats up quicker than Dinamica Plus. However, Dinamica Plus doesn’t do a lousy job either. Its drinks are suitable for enjoying right away. And with the help of the cup warming tray, it’s not hard to keep the drinks hot for longer.
Milk System: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
These machines’ milk systems share a common characteristic that they can froth both creamy and dry milk like a champ. I have achieved delicious and diverse milk-based cups with the pair.
However, Dinamica Plus wins the round thanks to its quiet milk system. Primadonna Soul has trouble controlling the noise level in its grinder and milk carafe, which can get annoying in households. But, if you are looking for a machine to use in an office, Primadonna Soul would be a proper pick.
Utilities: Primadonna Soul
Primadonna Soul has 21 one-touch beverages while Dinamica Plus has 14, so there is quite a difference in their diversity.
Also, this device boasts of more user profiles as well. It has 5 profiles for regular users that saves the changes in the long run, and 1 profile for guest, which won’t save any adjustment. As for Dinamica Plus, it has only 3 fixed profiles and 1 guest profile.
Judging from the number of profiles, I want to give you an advice. If you are looking for a home-use machine, go for Dinamica Plus because the numbers of one-touch drinks and profiles are more than enough for a family of 2-3 coffee drinkers. Primadonna Soul is slightly more heavy-duty, and it would fit offices or catering events much better.
I don’t recommend that you pay extra few hundred dollars for more features, which I firmly believe the majority of common users don’t touch frequently.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
Tbh, I find the pair relatively easy to clean. They both have automatic quick rinse functions. And they can deep clean during 15-20 minutes with the help of cleaning solutions as well.
What I find superior from Delonghi Dinamica Plus is that this model has a better auto purge function. The brew path will get a quick rinse right away when I turn the device on or off. As for Primadonna Soul, it only rinses parts where milk goes through, so the brew path for coffee should be rinsed manually. I don’t find it highly inconvenient, but it’s a small detail to consider.
Design & Material: Primadonna Soul
Primadonna Soul’s parts are made of plastic or metal. That’s why this model gives off a much sturdier feel. As for Dinamica Plus, it is made mainly of plastic. So materially speaking, it loses 1 or 2 points against Primadonna Soul. However, I want to highlight that Dinamica Plus is much more affordable and slightly more lightweight.
So, you will have to consider your priorities in this case. Do you prefer a sturdy machine? Or a less tough one but more affordable and light?
As for the visual aspects of Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Soul, I think they look just as great on my countertop.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Soul: Similarities
I want to comment on 2 similarities: coffee drawer capacity and users profiles. These machines are highly distinctive, and these are the aspects that I find most relevant.
Coffe drawer capacity
Both models can hold up to 14 servings before we can clear the containers out. For me, 14 servings are a good number. But, considering that Primadonna Soul has a much bigger water tank and is designed to serve a large crowd, I think its used puck container should be able to store a more considerable amount. But, as I have said, 14 servings are a good number already.
Numerous profiles for different users
Yes, you can set up a profile for each family member or small office with Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Soul. Dinamica Plus offers 3 fixed profile that saves every change to each drink without affecting other profiles, and it has 1 guest profile as well. As for Primadonna Soul, it boasts of impressive 5 fixed profiles and 1 guest profile.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
- The intelligent Smart-One-Touch feature recognizes your preferences and is programmed to list your most frequently selected drinks as first on the display.
Last update on 2022-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Primadonna Soul
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Siemens EQ 6: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Machines And Deciding Which Is More Suitable For Home Use
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Elite: Break Down The Dynamics Of These Espresso Machines With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Class: Pick The Best Espresso Machine With Powerful Milk System With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna: Which Espresso Machine Is Better And Is It Worth Spending Thousands On These Devices?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips Lattego 5400: Which Should I Choose For Delicious Milk-Based Coffees?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura ENA 8: Comparing The Two Equally Crafty Espresso Machines For A More User-Friendly Brewing Experience
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
- The Best Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Eletta Review You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: Which Is The Best Mid-Range Espresso Maker?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Delonghi PrimaDonna Soul: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/ecam610-75-mb-primadonna-soul-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM610.75.MB
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.