Both the Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 have simple and unique slanted designs. However, the Jura A1 is able to make thicker layers of cream to improve aroma balance. With the Aroma 3 Grinder on the Jura A1, you can also adjust the grind size to suit your ideal flavor profile.
With the Jura Ena Micro 1, you can also make great coffee with a touch of a button. For fans of black coffee, this is also a great choice. Designed for any kitchen, this compact appliance is easy to keep clean and easy to install.
Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1: Differences
Needless to say, brews are the main attraction of a coffee machine. The Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 give you the same kind of brews: ristretto, espresso, and coffee. The models were designed for coffee purists and are very beginner-friendly. The extraction however differs as Jura A1 uses the Pulse Extraction Process. The Jura Ena Micro 1 has a multi-level grinder and a Micro brewing unit.
The Jura A1 uses the AromaG3 grinder to give you finely ground beans. It has an adjustable spout so you can select a cup of any size for your coffee. The Ena Micro 1 on the other hand serves as a perfect introduction to crema and espresso. The Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 do not come with milk frothers. This means you can only have your espresso shots and not frothy lattes.
Performance And Convenience
The Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 are both designed for small-scale consumption. It is great for small households with a lack of space. The Jura A1, therefore, has a smaller bean hopper and water reservoir. It saves space on your counter. It has a CLEARYL blue filter which gives you premium coffee with no trouble.
The Jura Ena Micro 1 seems to have a more convenient and eco-friendly approach towards brewing. It can grind, tamp and brew your beans in no time at all. You don’t need to keep refilling your coffee beans with Ena Micro 1. The Jura Ena Micro 1 has a larger bean hopper which makes it more convenient.
Cleaning And Maintenance
After comparing the features of Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1, I found the A1 to be better. It comes with an auto-shutoff feature which is very handy for the average absent-minded coffee lover. Both Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 come with self-cleaning, self-rinsing, and descaling features. The Ena Micro 1 yields minimum waste which makes it more eco-friendly.
You can avail the coffee strength selector in both models. However, the A1 has a calc-clean function and can adjust the water hardness. Having said that, I think the coffee tastes better with the Ena Micro 1, as it has two levels of aroma.
Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1: Similarities
Both Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 come with similar features. The Jura models are known for their sleek, compact designs. The Jura A1 and Ena Micro 1 both give you three standard barista-style brews: ristretto, espresso, and coffee. They make single-serve coffee easy with their one-touch operations.
Both of Jura’s coffee machines have patented Zero-Energy Switches that isolate the machines from the main power supply once they enter standby mode, ensuring that no energy is consumed. You will be able to save money and reduce the machine’s impact on the environment with this feature.
TFT Display and Thermoblock Heating Technology
With the TFT touch-screen display on both espresso machines, users can program three cup sizes and two aroma levels, depending on their preferences. With this intelligent preheating feature, you will always enjoy hot coffee with a perfect crema. The Thermoblock water heater and the high-performance 15 bar pump deliver pressurized brewing water at the right temperature quickly and efficiently.
Quick Rundown of Jura A1
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 3 barista quality specialties including ristretto, espresso and coffee at the touch of a button - coffee only
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- ECO FRIENDLY: JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 37 ounce water tank, 4.4 ounce bean container
Last update on 2022-07-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Jura Ena Micro 1
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 3 Barista quality specialties including Ristretto, Espresso and coffee at the touch of a button - Coffee only
- COMPACT: Slim design, perfect for small spaces
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Multi-level grinder will perfectly grind whole beans to the optimum fineness
- ECO FRIENDLY: JURA is always freshly ground, Not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 37 ounce water tank, 7 ounce bean container
Last update on 2022-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Final Thoughts: Which One Is Better?
Here’s a tip – buy a coffee machine based on your needs. This might sound obvious enough but most people ignore it. If you consume more coffee, buy the Jura Ena Micro 1. It will save you energy in the long run and minimize waste. However, the Jura A1 comes at a cheaper price which makes it more affordable for small households.
The Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1 are both entry-level coffee brewers. If you are beginning on your coffee brewing journey, these are good options. The Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1 comparison shows that they have similar features. The difference lies in certain nuances – such as the bean hopper.
Related Articles to Jura A1
- Jura A1 Vs Philips 3200: Reviewing 2 Affordable And Super-Automatic Espresso Machines. 1 Is Much Better
- Jura A1 vs E6: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 5- Which One Is Superior To The Other?
- Jura A1 vs Ena 8 Coffee Maker: What To Buy?
Related Articles to Jura Ena Micro 1
- Jura ENA Micro 1 vs 90 Review: Choose Between Bean-To-Cup Espresso Makers With & Without Automatic Milk Frother & More Coffee Customizability
- Jura ENA Micro 1 vs 5 Review: Hands-On Comparison Of Most Important Features For Espresso Drinkers At Home With Bean-To-Cup Espresso Machines
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.