The choice between the Jura E8 vs X8 depends on what your needs as an espresso drinker. If you need to buy a machine for home use, the Jura E8 is the winner because it’s compact, lightweight, and user-friendly to use.
However, the Jura X8 is built for entertaining multiple espresso drinkers. It can dispense two drinks at a moment’s notice. It does take up more time on the countertop. And you can also expect more coffee drinks from it than the Jura E8.
Having said that, you’ll appreciate the winner, the Jura E8, for its wide coffee selections, fast heating, and smooth and superior milk frothing system. It may not have a direct plumbing line for water connection like the Jura X8 but it’s surely the home brewers favorite with a spacious capacity and fully customizable coffee menu.
Jura E8 vs X8: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Jura E8 vs X8: Differences
Jura E8 wins 4 – 3 against the Jura X8 since it’s a more user-friendly and compact pick for daily brewing. On the Jura X8, you can expect more coffee volume because it delivers higher capacities ideal for office use.
1. Espresso Flavor
The Winner: It’s A Tie!
Since this is a commercial-grade espresso maker, the X8 features the AromaG3 grinder which is sharper, sturdier, and quieter. The users of the Jura E8 have complained that it makes a loud grinding noise but it still continues to produce smooth, balanced espresso.
The AromaG3 is better equipped at handling noise and improving efficiency in performance. It’s probably more consistent in grinding beans back-to-back resulting in less leftover grounds at the end of the day.
+Pre-Ground Coffee Slot
Speaking of the coffee grinder, I would also like to point out that the Jura X8 does not feature a by-pass doser. But the Jura E8 does. This puts the Jura E8 on top because it allows coffee beans and pre-ground coffee for daily brewing.
Lots of espresso drinkers prefer to use the pre-ground coffee slot for decaf. The Jura E8 promises the same coffee customizations and intense Pulse Extraction Process for pre-ground. So the decaf tastes just as good and full-bodied as the real stuff!
2. Dose Control
The Winner: Jura X8
Between the Jura E8 vs X8, the latter offers 4 more coffee drink selections. The difference, however, is not only in the coffee drinks but also in their sizes. The Jura X8 offers the Ristretto and 2 x Ristretto, Café Latte, 2 x Café Latte, 2 x Flat White, 2 x Portion of Milk, and a Pot of Coffee.
As you can see, the only drink that the Jura E8 doesn’t have but the X8 offers is the Café Latte. The rest of the difference is about the serving size of espresso drinks, coffee, and milk.
This also indicates that the Jura X8 is built to serve the needs of multiple espresso drinkers. And not just 1-3 espresso drinkers. It’s designed for entertaining while the Jura E8 is for daily home brewing.
3. Milk System
The Winner: Jura E8
Both machines feature a built-in automatic frothing system. But the Jura E8 features a Fine Foam G2 frother while the Jura X8 has a standard automatic frother.
Jura E8’s frothing mechanism is fast, programmable, and consistent. The one on the Jura X8 is good too but without programmable features. You can adjust the milk foam texture on the E8, no matter what drink you want. The Jura X8 automatically adjusts the froth level of each coffee espresso drink.
4. Cleaning & Maintenance
The Winner: Jura E8
On the Jura E8, you can clean the milk system automatically with a single touch of a button. It has the automatic rinse clean which the Jura X8 doesn’t. All Fine Foam G2 Frothers have this feature and it’s a timely and convenient advantage.
Just press the One-Touch Milk Clean button on the control panel after brewing and the machine will automatically rinse the milk tubes to prevent clogging or build-up. This means that you won’t taste bitter milk the next time you froth.
The Winner: It’s Tie!
The Jura E8 comes with a home-friendly water tank and bean hopper. It’s not too bulky nor is it too small. But the Jura X8 is clearly built for more than home use. It has a whopping water reservoir and a bean hopper. It contains more grounds after use and even has a massive coffee output feature that the Jura E8 just cannot match.
But this is in no way a disadvantage to the Jura E8. In fact, I’ve found that for home use, the Jura E8 is a better performer. And the Jura X8 is found to be most useful in office spaces or in spaces where there are more than 5 people brewing espresso every day.
The Jura E8 measures a 64-ounce water tank and a 280g bean hopper. It stores up to 16 servings of used coffee ground in its container. And there is no cap to the maximum number of espressos it can make a day.
The Jura X8, however, features a 167.3-ounce water reservoir with a 500g bean hopper. It stores up to 40 coffee pucks and it can deliver up to 80 espressos a day! That is its maximum daily output which matches up to its large capacity.
This is why, if you’re a home brewer, the Jura E8 is for you. It’s not too bulky which means it won’t take up much space on your countertop. The setup is also quite straightforward and simple. It comes with all integrated and sturdy parts, including the water tank, bean hopper, and lid.
The size of the Jura X8 is a little intimidating considering how big it is. For a solo espresso drinker, I don’t think that such a large capacity will make a practical match. But if you’re brewing for a large group of people, kind of like a home office or a commercial office space, then buying the Jura X8 is more convenient and fast.
+Height-Adjustable Coffee Spout
The Jura X8 has a higher coffee spout, or it can be adjusted to a taller level because it accommodates a coffee pot. You can adjust the spout on the Jura E8 from 2.5 to 4.3 inches. And the Jura X8 allows you to extend the coffee spout further up to 6 inches.
So that extra room for movement allows you to slide in the coffee spout that brews espresso-quality coffee in less than 3 minutes.
Jura E8 vs X8: Similarities
1. Programmable Coffee
You can program the coffee strength, temperature, and volume while making espresso in both machines. They feature 10 coffee strength levels and 3 hot water temperature levels.
The brewing temperature level in Jura E8 is 3 levels and Jura X8 is 2 levels. So the difference is not very significant.
You will be able to program every individual coffee drink you select. The color display with buttons allows straightforward and user-friendly control.
The high-performance 15 bar pump ensures that every espresso drink comes out intense, aromatic, and full-bodied. And the Thermoblock heating element ensures espresso extraction at the optimal temperature, no matter how many cups you go through in a day. This applies to both espresso makers.
2. Cleaning Features
Both espresso makers come with cleaning indicators for descaling, drip tray, low-water, and energy-saving features. Both machines also include a water filter. And integrated rinsing programs for quick and effective use.
The machines are Jura TUV-certified which means that both machines have gone through rigorous testing to ensure smooth and safe and long-lasting performance. Ensuring that all parts are hygienic, safe, and won’t leak or bleed into the brewing water or espresso.
The water reservoir on both machines is also removable for easy refilling. On the Jura X8 this is especially necessary since the water tank is bulky. So removing it for rinsing and refilling is a time-saving benefit.
3. Smart Connect App
When an espresso maker lets you sync to your smartphone, it truly elevates the experience of picking your espresso drink every morning. The Jura has its own Smart Connect app that you can download on your phone or tablet. It uses Bluetooth to connect to the espresso machine and lets you handle all the brewing and frothing functions through your phone.
Yes, this includes literally everything from coffee customizations and milk frothing and cleaning indicators. Thankfully, this smart technology exists on the Jura E8 and X8 for your convenience.
Quick Rundown of Jura E8 15355
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 16 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 64 ounce water tank, 10 ounce bean container
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Jura X8 15177
- Swiss made
- 21 different drink options
- TFT color display
- Three level hot water function
Last update on 2022-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Jura E8
- Jura E8 Vs Philips 3200: Finding A Worth-To-Buy Machine For Milk-Based Coffee Recipes
- Jura WE6 vs E8 Comparison Review: 4 Critical Factors To Compare When Picking The Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machine For Daily Use
- Jura E8 vs Z6: Which Is The Best Entry-Level Espresso Machine For Coffee Lovers? 5 Critical Factors To Consider Right Now
- Jura E8 vs WE8 Review: Which Is Better Bean-To-Cup Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers? Comparing The Customizability & Performance Of Jura For New Users
- Jura E8 vs S8 Comparison: Is It For You? 4 Key Factors To Consider Before Buying Jura Espresso Maker
- Jura E8 vs J6: What Do You Prefer? Comparing Espresso Flavor & Programmability Of 2 Fully-Automated Espresso Makers
- Jura E8 vs ENA Micro 90: Should You Buy One? Feature Comparison With Pros, Cons & The Final Verdict For Coffee Purists
- Jura E8 vs ENA 8: 5 Critical Factors To Look For When Picking Your Next Espresso Maker
- Jura E6 vs E8: Compare The Most Useful Features Of 2 Automated Espresso Machines To Find What Works For You!
- Jura D6 vs E8: Finding A Dependable & User-Friendly Espresso Maker For Home Use With Intricate Features
- Jura C65 vs E8 Side-By-Side Comparison & Review 4 Differences: Which Espresso Machine Is Better For YOUR Daily Coffee Needs?
- Jura C60 vs E8: Which Is The Better Automatic Coffee Maker Perfect For Everyday Use?
- Breville Oracle Touch Vs Jura E8: How Automatic Do You Want?
- Jura E8 vs Gaggia Babila: 5 Points of Differences That Decide Which Espresso Machine Is A Great Choice For A Variety Of Drinks
- Gaggia Cadorna Prestige vs Jura E8: 10 Telltale Differences That Point To The Better Home Espresso Machine
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- DeLonghi Eletta vs Jura E8: Find Out Which Is The Better Home Espresso Machine For Better Customization & Precision
Related Articles to Jura X8
- Jura S8 vs X8: 2 Super-Automatic Machines. 1 Is Not As Stable As It Should Be
- Jura We8 Vs X8: Which Espresso Maker Delivers More Flavorful Coffee And Is More Convenient?
- Jura Z8 vs X8: I Test These High-End Espresso Machines So You Can Pick The Perfect One Easie
- Jura E8 15355 from Jura https://www.jura.com/en/homeproducts/automatic-coffee-machines/E8-Piano-Black-EB-15355?utm_source=redir&utm_medium=VN&utm_content=default-en&utm_campaign=E8
- Jura X8 15177 from Jura https://us.jura.com/en/professional/machines/X8-Platin-NA-15177
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.