According to coffee specialties and customizations, both the Jura WE6 vs E6 are compelling espresso makers. Both feature a high-quality AROMA G3 grinder with P.E.P. technology and a high-performance 15 bar pump. They even share the same interface display and programmable settings.
If you ask me, between the Jura WE6 vs E6, the E6 is a consumer favorite on account of its higher rating and value. It’s also more cost-effective than then WE6 which is around $500 more expensive than the E6.
One minor setback with the WE6, in my opinion, is bulky construction. The Jura WE6 is quite tall with a ginormous water tank and bean hopper capacity. Frankly speaking, for a home espresso machine, a 2.9L water tank is a bit excessive. But if you live a fast-paced life and don’t have time for too many refills, the WE6 is a fine choice.
Jura WE6 vs E6: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2022-01-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Jura WE6 vs E6: Differences
Despite a few minor differences, it’s a tie between the Jura WE6 vs E6 (2 – 2). Both have great features that make delicious espresso at the touch of a button. Only that the E6 makes a Cappuccino (the WE6 doesn’t) while the WE6 makes a Ristretto coffee which the E6 doesn’t.
On the other hand, the Jura WE6 has a taller design that may not suit your low kitchen cabinets. While the Jura E6 does not connect to your smartphone for better accessibility. This feature is present in the WE6.
1. Dose Control
The Winner: It’s A Tie!
With the Jura E6, you can make an espresso, coffee, and cappuccino easily. You can double the volume of espresso and coffee. Plus, there is separate hot water and milk foam setting that delivers said things at the touch of a button.
Now, with the Jura WE6, things are a bit different. So the WE6 produces pre-programmed and customizable ristretto, espresso, and coffee. It does not make a cappuccino at the touch of a button.
The difference between a ristretto and espresso is that a ristretto is a more concentrated shot of espresso, so it’s a smaller dose. In the WE6, you can brew a single or double ristretto, espresso, and cappuccino. As you can see, the difference between each drink lies in their coffee volumes.
With the Jura E6, you have two programmable coffee volumes – from espresso and coffee. And a specialty drink which is the classic cappuccino we all know and love. A cappuccino is made of a top layer of milk foam, steam milk in the middle, and at the bottom a concentrated espresso shot.
2. Cleaning & Maintenance
The Winner: Jura E6
The Jura E6 comes in a much smaller size than the Jura WE6. It has a smaller water tank capacity and bean hopper size. And it stores less used grounds which also contributes to its size more than weight.
So in the Jura E6, you can store 1.8 litres of water and 9.8 ounces of coffee beans. After brewing, it saves up to 16 servings of ground coffee before you need to empty it out.
The Jura WE6, on the other hand, stores 2.9 litres of water and a whopping 17.6 ounces of coffee beans. Even its grounds container holds 25 shots of used coffee grounds in the coffee maker.
As a result, the size of the Jura WE6 is taller than the Jura E6. The Jura E6 measures 13.8 inches in height and the WE6 measures 16.5 inches. With regards to the width and depth, the WE6 measures 11.6 and 17.4 inches respectively. And the E6 is 11 and 17.2 inches respectively.
The Winner: Jura WE6
Smart App J.O.E. Connect
You can sync all your coffee customizations using the Jura’s Smart App Connect to the Jura WE6. There is no such additional feature on the Jura E6 that will let you customize coffee drinks using the app.
This streamlines the whole process of setting up your espresso drinks every day. You can easily connect your phone to your espresso machine. And customize all the necessary variables such as coffee drink, volume, strength, and temperature without a fuss.
It’s a relatively modern and impressive feature that bridges the gap between an espresso machine and your very own smartphone.
With the Jura E6, you can access all the functions via the control panel. It’s smart and intuitive on its own but it lacks the wireless connectivity of the WE6.
Jura WE6 vs E6: Similarities
1. Brewing Features
This includes 3 notable features that are present in both machines: Thermoblock, 15 bar pump, and Pulse Extraction Process. This improves the way coffee tastes at home. And it also ensures a smooth and aromatic flavor and texture of coffee that you can see as well as smell.
If you’re looking for espresso shots with a thick layer of crema on top, the skills and brewing functionality of the Jura WE6 and E6 are perfect for you.
2. Coffee Grinder
The Jura WE6 vs E6 feature the Aroma G3 coffee grinder which is a top-ranking choice for many users. It’s fast, quiet, and wastes less coffee powder per cup.
Both espresso makers come with this multi-level Aroma G3 grinder with P.E.P. functionality which imitates barista espresso for every shot. So the shot quality is rich, strong, and consistent no matter how many cups you drink in a day.
3. Programmable Coffee Functions
In similarities, you can adjust the coffee strength, temperature, and volume on both machines. In fact, you can also increase or decrease the hot water temperature for making green teas or Americanos.
You can adjust the coffee strength by 8 levels, the temperature by 2 levels, and the hot water temperature by 3 levels. This applies to both Jura espresso machines – the WE6 and E6.
4. Coffee Spout
Despite the fact that the Jura WE6 is so tall, it has the same height-adjustable coffee spout as the Jura E6. There’s only a .1 inch difference between both machines which does not amount to anything at all.
The Jura WE6 features a cup clearance of 2.6 to 4.4 inches. And the Jura E6 is 2.5 to 4.5 inches.
5. Cleaning Modes
Both espresso machines have self-rinsing cycles and other integrated cleaning modes that keep the inside of the machine clean. They also feature the water filtration system to improve the taste of water. And prevent any clogging in the internal tubes of the milk frother, hot water dispenser, and brewing unit.
Both machines run on a low-energy mode, though it’s not mentioned whether the Jura WE6 comes with an auto shut-off feature or not. The Jura E6 does and it helps save energy and effort to maintain the machine.
Quick Rundown Of Jura WE6 15343
Last update on 2022-01-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Jura E6 15070
- Makes 6 specialty drinks including: cappuccino, Coffee, two coffees, Espresso, two Espresso, milk foam
- Controls make it easy to find, customize and brew your favorite drinks
- Pulse extraction process brews Coffee with a full, rich bouquet and delicious flavor
- Eight Coffee strength levels allow you to fine tune each drink
- Fast, quiet G3 grinder creates 60 percent less Leftover ground Coffee
Last update on 2022-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Jura We6
- Jura We6 vs We8: 2 Well-Rounded Espresso Makers At Mid-Range. Which Brews Better Coffees?
- Jura We6 vs Z6: Which Makes Better Espresso And Has More Diverse Coffee Recipes?
- Jura WE6 vs E8 Comparison Review: 4 Critical Factors To Compare When Picking The Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machine For Daily Use
Related Articles to Jura E6
- Jura ENA Micro 90 vs E6 Review: Which Espresso Maker Makes Better Coffee With Minimal Maintenance & Long-Term Durability?
- Jura J6 vs E6 Review: Why You Should Get It? Comparing The Features & Durability Of 2 Programmable Coffee Makers
- Jura E6 vs ENA 8 Comparison Review: Which Is The Next Fully Automated & Programmable Espresso Drink For You?
- Jura E6 vs Z6: Which Is The Better Espresso Machine That Every Coffee Lover Wants? More Coffee Customizations & Faster Brewing Performance
- Jura E6 vs S8: Find Your New Favorite Customizable Home Espresso Machine For Lattes, Cappuccinos & Other Delicious Coffee Drinks
- Jura E6 vs E8: Compare The Most Useful Features Of 2 Automated Espresso Machines To Find What Works For You!
- Jura D6 vs E6 Comparison Review: Which Is The Better Feature-Rich & Programmable Semi-Automatic Machine For Espresso & Frothed Milk?
- Jura C65 vs E6: Top 3 Features You’ll Love To Compare On These Super-Automatic Espresso Machines For Coffee Lovers
- Jura C60 vs E6: Customizable Bean-To-Cup Espresso Machines – Which Is Better? Pros & Cons Plus The Final Verdict!
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Jura E6 vs Breville Barista Touch: Different Machines For Different Coffee Lovers
- Jura A1 vs E6: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- Jura E6 15070 from Jura https://us.jura.com/en/homeproducts/machines/E6-Platin-UL-15070
- Jura WE6 15343 from Jura https://us.jura.com/en/professional/machines/WE6-15343-NA
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.