The reason why so many coffee drinkers buy the Nespresso Delonghi is because every model is super convenient to use and easy.
The Nespresso Delonghi Essenza Mini vs Inissia are top-rated espresso machines for compact and solo use. Both espresso makers are built keeping in mind the daily coffee needs of a busy person. And Nespresso simulates, if not in design but in performance, a high-quality, barista-grade espresso maker in more ways than one.
Though Nespresso Delonghi includes many practical and efficient features and a stellar design, their models are as superfluous as they are functional. 2 such espresso makers are the Nespresso Delonghi Essenza Mini and the Inissia.
Allow me to walk you through some of the features (of each) that I found most helpful.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The best benefit of these coffee makers is that you can take a Nespresso to work without worrying about hauling separate parts. And their portability also comes in handy to store it away when you’re not using it.
But there is more to both machines than portability, so let’s look at everything together to make a better, informed decision about which espresso maker to buy.
- Delonghi Nespresso Pixie vs Citiz: Best Comparison Review For Espresso Lovers
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: Which Is The Best Mid-Range Espresso Maker?
- Delonghi La Specialista vs Dinamica: Comparison Review & Top Features
Is design your top consideration? Then you should read this.
The Nespresso Delonghi Essenza Mini is relatively smaller in size than the Inissia. But both machines have the same housing and 19 bars of pressure brewing performance. This means it’s easier to pack and travel with. And its compactness of the machine is of great help in storing the espresso maker after use.
Modern kitchens are all about inspiration and creativity. And if you’re working in a small kitchen space, a small espresso maker that packs a punch is perfect.
The water tank sits at the back of the machine. The coffee spout and drip tray are sturdy and strong. Even the one-touch operation plus two programmable espresso settings reflect how reliably petite yet useful the Essenza Mini is.
And speaking of parts that improve performance, the Inissia features a carrying handle that makes accessibility simpler. Such a handle is missing in the Essenza Mini. Inissia’s handle allows you to intuitively carry the machine anywhere.
#2 Water Tank
The water tank capacity of the Nespresso Delonghi Essenza Mini is 20 oz. It serves two programmable espresso sizes: espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.). This means you can serve as many as 14 espresso shots and 4 Lungo shots before refilling.
This is not bad given that some espresso makers require you to refill the water tank after every use.
The Inissia, on the other hand, boasts of a 24 oz. water tank capacity. Granted this isn’t a huge difference between sizes. But if you look for small details like this that would probably delay the maintenance by a few more days, it can make a big difference.
And let’s not forget that the Essenza Mini is smaller than Inissia so that’s where some of that weight gets shaved away.
Even if you’re not an expert at brewing espresso at home, or even if you are, noise is one of the biggest concerns. Will the espresso maker wake up the whole house? And will that noise escalate when you use the machine regularly?
Between the Essenza Mini and Inissia, the former is relatively noisier than the Inissia. But it has everthing that the Inissia has – the automatic shut-off, speedy heating time, user-friendly interface. However, you can expect more noise, perhaps even some vibration in the Essenza Mini. So that’s a kind of letdown considering how stunning and compact the Essenza Mini is.
Delonghi Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine – Best Nespresso All-starter Kit For Beginners
- Performance: create a barista-style coffee or Espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch operation and extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure.
- Size: discover the newest and smallest ever single-serve Espresso maker from espresso by De'Longhi, without compromising on exceptional Coffee and espresso moments. This compact Espresso machine is effortlessly portable and features a sleek design and modern smooth lines, allowing it to fit into anywhere saving valuable counter space.
- Energy efficient Coffee machine: in just one touch, the water reaches the ideal serving temperature in under 30 seconds and an energy saving mode automatically switches off the machine after 9 minutes.
- Complimentary gift: Each Espresso machine includes a Espresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profile.
- Versatility: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1. 35 oz. ) and Lungo (5 oz. ) buttons making essen mini a great coffee maker for all you single-serve coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks.
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Essenza Mini has a strong (albeit plastic) exterior. It delivers rich and full-bodied espresso shots, no matter the flavor of coffee pod you use. It’s durable, user-friendly, and energy-efficient with auto shut-off after 9 minutes and a 3-minute eco activation mode.
The capsule container, high-pressure 19 par pump, and complimentary 16 capsules will convince you to buy this compact beast right away.
Perfect for someone with a speedy and compact espresso maker in mind.
Delonghi Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine – Best Nespresso Espresso Maker For Faster Performance
- With a tiny footprint, compact, lightweight and equipped with an ergonomic handle, the Nespresso Inissia coffee machine fits perfectly into any interior design and is available in a full palette of colours to satisfy all tastes.
- Barista grade: Espresso Inissia by De'Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or Espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and Patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. The Inissia is the perfect Coffee machine that Fits perfectly into any interior design.
- Speed: in just one touch, Ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of Coffee without having to refill the 24 oz. tank. This automatic Coffee machine gets your perfect cup of Coffee or Espresso to you fast.
- Versatile and smart Coffee machine: adjustable cup size with 2 programmable Espresso and Lungo buttons. A folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes
- Energy efficient Coffee machine: brew 2 different cup sizes; Espresso (1. 35 oz. ) and Lungo (5 oz. ), with just the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite Iced Coffee drinks. With the smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our Coffee maker after 9 only minutes
Last update on 2021-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You can think of Inissia as a beginner-friendly choice. Everything about its design and performance is quite straightforward. It’s a tiny machine that makes really rich and delicious espresso. It packs better flavor, more volume, and definitely more crema in every shot.
It’s also compatible with reusable pods that you can fill your own favorite coffee blends. I get how expensive coffee pods are especially with Nespresso. So having a machine that allows reusable pods is so rewarding!
I can think of no reason why you shouldn’t buy the Inissia for its super-smooth performance alone. All supported by ergonomic parts that keep it versatile and easy to use.
Which Nespresso espresso machine do you prefer? The Essenza Mini is more compact and has a lighter weight than the Inissia. But Inissia takes less time to heat up for brewing coffee at the perfectly accurate temperature.
When you compare them with each other, you’ll find that both are functional in similar and dissimilar ways. But compare the Essenza Mini and Inissia to other single-serve models, you’ll know how transformative and ergonomic they are in every way.
Nespresso espresso makers are intuitive, energy-efficient, and versatile to use. So what it all finally boils down to is this – which feature do you value the most?
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.