It’s time to look beyond the charm of the brand and find out what makes the Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS so great. And an even more important question perhaps is – what makes them distinct from each other?
The winner of this debate is XS, you can count on its compact design to not take up too much space in your kitchen. And the machine will brew you a cup of coffee without requiring your assistant thanks to its built-in grinder and fully automatic aspect.
With Magnifica S, you have access to similar features of XS and the price is cheaper. But the steam wand requires more manual assistance from you.
Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2022-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS: A Basic Difference
XS wins 1-0 against Magnifica S. The two machines are very alike and the main difference falls in the compactness of each machine. XS is slimmer and more lightweight, which makes cleaning the machine and the kitchen stand easier.
Design & convenienCE
If you study closely the names of both products, Delonghi Magnifica ‘S’ and ‘XS’ – you’ll get the answer you need. There is a 2-inch difference in height between the Delonghi Magnifica S and XS.
The Delonghi Magnifica XS is more compact, albeit by 2 inches, than the Magnifica S. So, if you’re running short of counter space in your kitchen, go for the Magnifica XS. Or else you can take your pick with either one because both offer incredible performance and cost value.
With a similar squared design and modern all-plastic casing, both Delonghi products look absolutely good. In my opinion, the Magnifica XS has a sleeker and more modern design than the Magnifica S version.
Want also find the differences between Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Delonghi Dinamica? In addition to brewing directly over a glass, DeLonghi Dinamica offers ‘made-to-order’ iced coffee. A full-bodied, smooth coffee is the end result. Delonghi Magnifica XS is an ideal entry-level espresso machine. The machine is automatic, fast, and durable. Read more at Delonghi Dinamica vs Magnifica XS: What Will You Buy Next?
Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS: Similarities
The Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS is similar in every way but one. Having said that, you can expect the same functionality from Magnifica S and XS. They both feature an eager and seamless espresso brewing technology. Coupled with an intricate and professional control panel, sturdy parts, and a manual steam wand.
Fresh Espresso for every cup
To ensure maximum freshness, the professional burr grinder with 13 adjustabilities grinds the beans every time in order to maintain a consistent level of freshness. In addition to ground, you can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. You can choose from regular coffee, specialty coffee, or decaf coffee. This rapid cappuccino system maintains the right temperature so that you can enjoy a freshly brewed cup of cappuccino cup after cup.
Internal Timer & Ginder Settings
Both machines feature an internal timer to stop the flow of hot water through the grounds. Automatic espresso machines, like the Magnifica XS and Magnifica S, do this in about 25 to 30 seconds.
What really sets it apart is the 13 burr grinder settings. You can adjust how fine or coarse or in-between you want your ground coffee to be. This gives you the freedom to choose the strength and density of every cup. Isn’t that great?
All this is great but how does it help a rookie? Well, in a fully automatic espresso machine you do not have to worry about pressure, temperature, and all that. The Magnifica XS has complete control over most variables that you, as a beginner, might be confused about.
And even though the Magnifica S has more programmability, you can’t beat XS’s smooth and seamless automatic performance. It’s truly one-of-a-kind.
Easy to Clean
I think it’s clear by now that both Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM23120SB & DeLonghi Magnifica XS -ECAM22110S is a well-designed, well-functioning espresso machine that emphasizes simplicity in all the right places. It’s no secret that cleaning is one of them.
Cleaning is a breeze with both of DeLonghi Magnifica S & XS. Starting with the built-in water filter, the buildup of limescale is kept at bay for the most part. There is also a foolproof mandatory cleaning program. A few online tutorials and a cleaning tablet will usually do the trick in no time.
Cleaning the Brew Group
DeLonghi Magnifica is different from direct competitors in the Krups Evidence line of machines as it is easy to remove the brew group. Just rinse the group under running water after use. Remove the component while the machine is idle by opening the flap behind the water tank.
The brew group needs to be completely dried while it’s detached from the machine so that it can air dry. Especially if you’re planning to be away from home for some time, I recommend doing this from time to time. A moist espresso machine provides an ideal environment for the growth of bacteria.
The high level of programmability extends from tamping and grinding coffee beans to pulling espresso and frothing the milk. You have more accessibility without feeling intimidated by this professional-grade espresso machine.
This hands-off and hands-on experience of a super-automatic espresso machine is great. And with the Magnifica S, it means richer espresso extraction and consistent results.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Magnifica XS ESAM22110S
- Fresh Espresso for every cup: the professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf. The rapid cappuccino system maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup After cup instantly.
- Delicious cappuccino and latte: the adjustable manual cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it’s easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white.
- Customized Espresso drinks: design your ideal Espresso and Cappuccino experience by programming in your preferences. The machine “remembers” the details, from the strength of your espresso to your preferred size Beverage and much more. Large 60oz water tank
- Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer
Last update on 2022-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM23120SB
- 15 bar pressure for brewing excellence and consistent results, with integrated silent burr grinder
- Select steam milk or froth milk with the hot milk/cappuccino selector
- Saves up to 77-percent energy with energy-saving switch and single boiler system
- Removable 1.8 litre (60 oz) water tank with water level indicator
- Long coffee function allows you to enjoy drip style coffee, plus a hot water spout for tea or hot chocolate
Last update on 2022-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With all of this said, owning a Delonghi Magnifica is nothing short of extraordinary. I should know because I’ve been through hell and back to master the art of making espresso at home. And let me tell you that it isn’t right to discover the right product (as you are right now) and let it slip away from.
This Delonghi Magnifica S xs XS comparison review should tell you what you need to know right now. The good and bad of using a super-automatic or a fully automatic espresso machine at home!
Related Articles to Delonghi Magnifica Xs
- Philips 3200 Lattego Vs Delonghi Magnifica Xs: Which Espresso Machine Makes Better Milk-Based Drinks?
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Gaggia Brera: Reviewing 2 Straighfoward Espresso Makers For Beginners
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Magnifica: Which Espresso Maker Should You Buy Next?
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Eletta – Choosing The Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Delonghi Dinamica vs Magnifica XS: What Will You Buy Next?
Related Articles to Delonghi Magnifica S
- Delonghi Magnifica S vs Delonghi La Specialista: 2 Amazing Affordable Espresso Makers. Which Is Better?
- Delonghi Magnifica S vs Dinamica: Which Of These Mid-End Espresso Makers Is Better?
- Choosing Between Delonghi Magnifica S vs Eletta: Which Espresso Maker Is Worth The Investment?
- Delonghi Magnifica S vs Magnifica S Smart: The Best Pick For Espresso Lovers
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.