I have decided the winner between Philips 3200 Lattego vs Delonghi Magnifica Xs – 2 espresso machines with fantastic reviews on various e-commerce platforms. And my winner is Philips 3200 Lattego.
Philips 3200 Lattego can extract impressive espresso shots with a robust and balanced flavor. I have never experienced bitter espresso with this machine, and its milk system LatteGo is to die for. I love a good cup of cappuccino, and thanks to the microfoam that this model can froth, a barista-quality cup is not hard to achieve.
As for Delonghi Magnifica Xs, this machine can pull strong espresso shots at a high temperature, which is impressive from my perspective as an ex-barista. However, the milk system is only good enough for flat whites or macchiatos, not for lattes and cappuccinos. You can check out my verdict below.
Philips 3200 Lattego vs Delonghi Magnifica Xs: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips 3200 Lattego vs Delonghi Magnifica Xs: Differences
Philips 3200 Lattego wins 3-1 against Delonghi Magnifica Xs thanks to its stable brewing processes, high-quality body parts, airy milk foam, and other convenient additional features. Nevertheless, each product line has pros and cons. I will tell you the details below.
Coffee flavor: Tie
Philips 3200 Lattego and Delonghi Magnifica Xs use conical burr grinders to grind freshly roasted beans. But the materials are different. Philips 3200 Lattego’s grinder is made of ceramic, while Delonghi Magnifica Xs’s is made of steel.
This aspect only already tells which model is better. With a ceramic grinder, we can maintain the quality of the beans and avoid negatively changing the final flavor. As for steel grinders, this material is indeed more durable than ceramic. But steel is much more prone to self-heating. Thus, a grinder made of this material tends to roast the beans further and make the espressos more bitter and taste burnt.
Furthermore, Philips 3200 Lattego’s grinder has 12 settings for various ground textures. As for Delonghi Magnifica Xs, its grinder has 7 settings, 5 less than the former model. In general, I find the number of settings of both devices ideal. Since different ground textures decide different espresso flavor, we can adjust the strength of the drinks with these settings.
In terms of the stability of the grinders’ performance, I have been enjoying smooth and even ground with minimal noise. But the ground quality of 3200 is much more authentic, thanks to the ceramic grinder.
+Dosing + tamping
These machines are fully-automatic, so the dosing and tamping steps are also automatic. What I like the most about the dosing part is that we can adjust the coffee strength through it.
With Delonghi Magnifica Xs, I usually set a smaller dose since the grinder tends to slightly roast the bean and make it more bitter and maybe too bitter for my taste. Setting the dose lower will result in a more mellow shot of espresso.
With Philips 3200 Lattego, the dose can vary in 3 levels, and after testing them all, I can say that the espresso and coffee flavor on each level is excellent. The lowest level will deliver a smooth espresso, while the highest one makes robust but still balanced coffee.
Philips 3200 uses a boiler system, and Delonghi Magnifica Xs use Thermoblock, which explains the difference in their drinks’ temperatures.
The temp performance of Delonghi Magnifica Xs is better since the drinks come out quite hot and steamy. I prefer the temperature performance on this one since I generally prefer hot drinks.
As for Philips 3200 Lattego, the drinks are not too cool but not too hot either. I find them perfect for drinking right away, especially the latte macchiato recipe.
Milk System: Philips 3200 Lattego
It’s unarguable that Philips 3200 Lattego has a better milk system. With Magnifica Xs, I can’t get dry microfoam for cappuccinos. With Philips 3200 LatteGo carafe system, I definitely can. It handles all the frothing for me, and I get microfoam in under a minute.
With the steam wand on the Xs line, I can get creamy foam for flat white, mocha or macchiato only.
Utilities: Philips 3200 Lattego
Philips 3200 Lattego has a much more diverse set of one-touch beverages. We have Americano, cappuccino, latte macchiato, espresso and coffee. And we can pick single brewing or twin brewing with each of these recipes.
As for Delonghi Magnifica Xs, this model only focuses on basic and classic espresso/ double espresso, lungo/ double lungo. There are no exciting milk-based drinks or newer recipes. I think it should have had a more elaborate set of one-touch with its price tag.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Tie
Philips 3200 Lattego and Delonghi Magnifica Xs are pretty easy to clean since they both have quick rinsing systems and various alerts about descaling and calcification. Thanks to the alerts, I find it much easier to keep up with the cleaning schedule.
Philips 3200 Lattego vs Delonghi Magnifica Xs: Similarities
What are the similarities between Philips 3200 Lattego and Delonghi Magnifica Xs? Find out 2 of them below.
Water reservoir capacity
Both water tanks can hold about 61oz of water maximum. For me, the tank’s capacity is perfect for 2-3 users, and I don’t recommend using Philips 3200 Lattego and Delonghi Magnifica Xs to serve larger crowds.
Adjustable spout height
Thanks to the adjustable spout height feature on both models, we can use a diverse cup collection with this one without experiencing too much splatter. Cleaning the drip tray won’t be as hectic then.
Quick Rundown of Philips 3200 Lattego
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- Enjoy 5 coffees
- Intuitive touch display
- 12-step grinder adjustment
- 20,000 cups of finest coffee with durable ceramic grinders
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Magnifica Xs
- This compact machine has a professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
- The adjustable manual cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it’s easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white. Height adjustable Coffee spout
- Simply adjust the menu settings for temperature, coffee strength and cup size according to your preferences. The machine takes care of the rest.
- Maintenance: de’longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Warranties may not apply to purchases from an unauthorized retailer.
Last update on 2023-02-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Philips 3200 Lattego
- Gaggia Brera Vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Review 2 Cut-Price Espresso Machines For Beginners
- Gaggia Anima Prestige Vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Which Model Is More Affordable And Better Optimized?
- Gaggia Anima Vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Find A Convenient And Simple Espresso Machine For Your Apartment
- Delonghi Magnifica Esam3300 Vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Which Espresso Machine Is The Overall Better Model? Is It Ideal For Commercial Purposes?
- Philips Lattego 3200 Vs 4000: Which Super-Automatic Espresso Machine Is Worth Buying More?
- Breville Barista Touch vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: 4 Important Differences
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Eletta vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: 7 Key Differences in Espresso Taste & Brewing Performance
- Philips 1200 vs 3200 Lattego- Which Similarities And Differences Do The Two Models Share?
Related Articles to Delonghi Magnifica Xs
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Gaggia Brera: Reviewing 2 Straighfoward Espresso Makers For Beginners
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Magnifica: Which Espresso Maker Should You Buy Next?
- Delonghi Magnifica XS vs Eletta – Choosing The Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Delonghi Dinamica vs Magnifica XS: What Will You Buy Next?
- Which is Better? My Honest Review of Delonghi Magnifica S vs XS
- Philips Lattego 3200: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/EP3241_54/series-3200-fully-automatic-espresso-machines
- Delonghi Magnifica XS: https://www.delonghi.com/en-us/magnifica-xs-automatic-espresso-machine-cappuccino-maker-ecam22110sb/p/ECAM22110SB
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.