It’s hard to decide the winner between Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro vs Plus if you have never worked the machines before. And since I have the advantage in this matter, I can tell you that Creatista Pro is the champion.
The winner Creatista Pro boasts of a bigger water tank that can store up to 68oz of liquid. I enjoy the stable and high steam pressure on this model the most. The taste of coffee always is strong and full-bodied. I would pick this one any day for a quick cup of latte in 40 seconds.
The runner-up Creatista Plus is a value-for-money kind of capsule machine. The steam wand isn’t as stable as the one on the Pro model, but it works well enough that I would pick the device for its great price. The coffee flavor is nuanced as well.
Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro vs Plus: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro vs Plus: Differences
In the debate between Creatista Pro and Plus, the former wins 4 to 1 against the latter thanks to its consistent espresso brewing process, optimum flavor, convenient dual boilers, and other additional features. Even though Creatista Plus is a formidable opponent, the Pro line is still the absolute winner for me.
Coffee Flavor: creatista pro
In terms of pump pressure, both models make use of a pressure system at 19 bars. You may think that this amount of pressure is excessive, but this is the recommended level for Nespresso machines since the water needs to pierce through the film and extract every note of flavor from the coffee capsule.
I find both models to do amazingly in this aspect, never have I experienced weak coffee with them.
Creatista Pro overpowers Creatista Plus in this aspect. While Creatista Plus sticks to its single boiler which doesn’t allow users to brew and froth at the same time, Creatista Pro takes an extra step with its dual ThermoJet boilers that heat up very fast and will enable us to froth at the same time the machine is extracting espresso. I’m almost sold with this feature alone.
Nevertheless, I don’t find the single boiler on the Plus model to be super-inferior like some would think. Since we are looking at capsule machines, all heat water to brewing temperature very quickly, thus we don’t have to wait that long to froth milk right afterward. And with the Creatista line, the heat-up time takes 3 seconds only.
The brewing technique of these devices is quite similar. We have the option to change the espresso volume, milk temperature, and milk texture. And the one-touch beverages are: espresso, lungo, ristretto, latte, macchiato, cappuccino, flat whites, and milk only. You can get hot water from the brew group to make tea without any problem.
According to the manual, with the Pro line, we have 7 levels of espresso volume, 8 for milk texture, and 11 for milk temperature. The numbers on the Plus line are similar except for the espresso volume, which stops at 4 levels only.
However, I find the Pro line more stable with the espresso flavor and texture. I always get full-bodied espresso with thick crema with this one, while with Creatista Plus I find the espresso to be more watered-down sometimes.
This is not a common daily problem, I just think that you should keep this detail in mind if you want to avoid uncalled-for possibilities.
convenient Additional Features: creatista pro
Personally, I prefer the interface of Creatista Pro, which uses a touchscreen and eliminates all buttons. This makes the machine looks sleek and the control is effortless as well. With the Plus model, we have an LCD screen that shows the drinks and options of customization as well. We control the selections with a dial, so it is relatively convenient as well.
Which interface do you like better? I think the answer is different for each user. So I wouldn’t declare that the touchscreen is 100% better.
Water tank capacity
There is no doubt that we all prefer big water tanks because they are more convenient and they don’t require frequent refills. This is what you get if you purchase Creatista Pro. The capacity of its water tank is 68oz, which is bigger than the 50.7oz on Creatista Plus. With constant brewing and steaming, I believe a bigger water reservoir would be much better.
Milk system: creatista pro
As I have mentioned, Creatista Pro boasts of a set of dual boilers, one for brewing and one for steaming. After testing this machine, I found the steam pressure on this one to be very consistent, and the pressure is maintained high throughout the process. Of course, you can adjust the froth level as I do if you prefer steamed to frothed milk.
Creatis Plus, since it is equipped with a single boiler only, can’t avoid pressure lost during the frothing process. I recommend this model to single users or couples only, it won’t perform too well in a large family or office.
Cleaning & Maintain: tie
Both machines are very easy to clean, I don’t have anything to complain about it. In the menu, we have the options to clean the steam wand, descale the boiler, empty crewing cycle. These are all automatic so we don’t have to work much to keep the devices stable and clean. Just make sure that you wipe the steam wand right after each use.
Design & Material: Tie
When these babies first arrived at my doors, I was surprised to see that they are SO similar-looking. Both are made of stainless steel so I don’t doubt the durability.
The only difference lies in the interface. Creatista Plus uses an LCD screen and dial buttons, while Creatis Pro is fully digital with its touchscreen.
Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro vs Plus: Similarities
Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro and Plus are designed with the same set of 8 programmable beverages and fast heat-up time. Check out more below.
There are 8 drink options that we can customize and brew easily: espresso, lungo, ristretto, latte, macchiato, cappuccino, flat whites, and milk. These devices automatically brew with the capsule and froth milk with one touch of a button or a screen. The only difference is that the Pro does it simultaneously while the Plus does it consecutively.
Quick heat-up time
In 3 seconds, you can start choosing beverages for the machines to brew. I’m very impressed by the efficiency of these models, although it is quite common among capsule machines. If you are a busy worker or student, a quick cup of americano or latte in the morning will be refreshing.
Quick Rundown Of Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro
Quick Rundown Of Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- ESPRESSO MACHINE: Enjoy a full range of espresso coffee with Nespresso. Includes an integrated milk frother, 3 seconds heat up and energy saving automatic shut off.
- COFFEE SELECTIONS: Brew better coffee at home with three programmable coffee selections to create the perfect ristretto, expresso or lungo.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- INCLUDES: One Nespresso espresso maker with a sleek, stainless steel design that fits perfectly in any modern kitchen.
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus vs Uno: Compare 2 Ideal Compact Espresso Machines For Couples And Homeowners
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus vs Nespresso Creatista: 5 Things That Set Them Apart That You Need To Know!
- Nespresso Creatista Plus vs Breville Barista Express Review: Single-Serve Coffee Maker or Semi-Automatic – What Is The Right Pick For You?
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus vs Barista Express – Best Espresso Machine
- Breville Bambino Plus vs Nespresso Creatista: Which Is The Best Coffee Maker?
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Pro: https://www.nespresso.com/au/en/order/machines/original/creatista-pro-coffee-machine-breville
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus: https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/machines/original/nespresso-creatista-plus-metal-stainless-steel-coffee-machine
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.