Espresso makers are invaluable kitchen appliances. And if you are actively looking for an affordable entry-level one, why not choose from the Breville Bambino Plus vs Nespresso Creatista? Straight up, I can tell you that both deliver good espresso taste, but Nespresso Creatista is the winner for taking things further with its extra functions.
Nespresso Creatista boats of its power-save mode, 19 bars pressure pump, BPA-free material, and quick heat-up. Considering its price and quality, I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase it, even though it is slightly more expensive than the Bambino Plus.
Breville Bambino Plus comes very close to Creatista thanks to its many features like quick heat-up time, generous water tank capacity, and extremely lightweight. Despite not having as many convenient features as Creatista, I still think this is a worthy option.
Breville Bambino Plus vs Nespresso Creatista : Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-07-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breville Bambino Plus vs Nespresso Creatista: Differences
Nespresso Creatista wins 2 to 1 against Bambino Plus thanks to its power-saving mode and volume control of each espresso shot. As for the easy cleaning feature, i would say that it is a tie. You won’t have a hard time cleaning any of these.
Customizations / Display Menu
Don’t be too focused on which is easier between the Breville Bambino vs Nespresso Creatista. Learning about each espresso maker’s espresso settings and customizations is more important.
The Breville Bambino Plus features an espresso-deserving technology. It’s quick, consistent, and foolproof. The level of customization in the Bambino Plus refers to the dose control grinding. The portafilter measures 54mm which features a 19-grams capacity. This is enough to offer rich and full-bodied espresso drinks. Be it for black coffee or creamy lattes.
There is also sufficient customization in the milk steam wand. If you ask me, the steam wand is the selling point of the Breville Bambino Plus. You can control the water pressure and temperature of heating and texturing the milk. Combined with a 3-second heat-up, it’s a delight to use again and again.
You can control all of this via buttons that feel solid and offer no delay in functionality at all.
The Nespresso Creatista offers the reverse features when you compare it with Bambino Plus. The built-in milk frother doesn’t have manual controls. But what does is the espresso extraction. You can pick your preferred size of espresso which also controls the volume per shot.
For example, in a latte, you get a double espresso shot with foamed milk on top. Instead of pulling 2 single espresso shots one after the other, you can select the ‘Latte’ icon via the beautiful display. And select the volume option to increase/decrease how much espresso you want in your cup.
And it doesn’t end there, you can also control the temperature of the coffee-based on Creatista’s pre-programmed temp controls. Just place the cup underneath the coffee spout and press the brew button.
Type Of Espresso Maker / Performance
I’m sure you’ve heard of both Breville and Nespresso as popular coffee maker brands. So you already know that they brew authentic and delicious espresso using state-of-art technology.
The Breville Bambino Plus is the most standard yet functional espresso machine. It works just like a barista espresso maker would. With a single and double shot functional and a steam wand.
That is why espresso people like to think of the Bambino Plus as the miniature version of an authentic espresso machine. It has all the right features. The portafilter with the right dose control setting, a drip tray, and a steam wand.
The Nespresso, however, works completely differently. For starters, it is a single-serve coffee machine. So it features certain pre-programmed features that make brewing espresso at home fully automated and customized.
The Nespresso Creatistia is a barista-grade espresso maker but I think it is more beginner-friendly. You can only put Nespresso capsules in the machine, not real ground coffee. And instead of dose control, Creatista features 3 brewing sizes: 0.5, 1.35, and 5 ounces. And lastly, it features a built-in milk frother that serves your single cup easily.
It still surprises me to this day that many coffee machines don’t have the automatic shut-off feature, even cheap electric kettles have it. And if you have the same thought as me, you should pick Nespresso Creatista. This is one of the few coffee makers that include a power save mode, which shuts off the machine if users haven’t touched it for while after finish brewing.
Needless to say, our Earth can benefit from small things like this.
Maintenance / Self-Cleaning Features
The Nespresso Creatista has an auto-purge and self-cleaning functionality. And it works beautifully. After brewing coffee, the display menu will show you a purging and self-cleaning option, select that and watch the machine take care of itself properly and effectively. You won’t have to take care of the cleaning too much like with other coffee machines.
The Breville Bambino Plus has a sliding base that lets you clean it thoroughly. The drip tray is deep which means I don’t need to keep emptying it after every use. And it’s a sturdy platform, the drip tray, so there are hardly any spills unless I don’t place the cup properly under the spout.
The tip of the steamer has an auto-purge function which means it self-cleans fast. it dislodges any residue milk on the steam wand. So all I have to do is wipe the steam wand with a dry cloth after using it.
Quick Rundown of Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Ristretto (0.5 oz.) Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.). The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, and latte macchiatos. There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display
- Automatic built-in milk frother helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
Last update on 2022-07-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Breville Bambino Plus
- The Breville Bambino Plus delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Bambino Series that offers the faster way to professional results at home in a compact footprint: serious espresso, serious value
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee; The 54mm porta-filter with 19 grams is the key for full flavor and cafe quality coffee
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- FASTER HEAT UP TIME: Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
Last update on 2022-07-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You can choose your favorite espresso maker depending on what features you like and the benefits that each espresso machine offers to you.
The Breville Bambino Plus is known for its automatic and convenient features. It’s simple and efficient to use. The Nespresso Creatista is versatile and multi-functional. It offers intricate controls for coffee temperature and volume.
I want you to know that not every espresso machine is like a manual or semi-automatic espresso machine. There are some that do all the hard work for you. And these are great options if you’re looking for something that’s effortless to use.
Related Articles to Breville Nespresso Creatista
- Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus vs Nespresso Creatista: 5 Things That Set Them Apart That You Need To Know!
- Nespresso Creatista vs Breville Bambino Review: 6 Important Differences Yet Both Are Superb Home Espresso Machines
Related Articles to Breville Bambino Plus
- Breville Bambino Plus vs Gaggia Classic Pro: Reviewing Automation Level, Espresso Flavor, Additional Features Of 2 Very Distinctive Models
- Delonghi Dedica Deluxe vs Breville Bambino Plus: Which Is The Better Compact, Mid-range Espresso Machine?
- Breville Bambino vs Bambino Plus Review: Which Offers More Upgraded Features For Maximum Flavor Extraction & User-Friendliness?
- Breville Bambino Plus vs Barista Express: The Ultimate Comparison Review
- Breville Bambino Plus vs Barista Pro: Comparison For Espresso Drinkers
- Breville Bambino Plus vs Infuser: Which Should You Buy?
- Breville Café Roma vs Bambino Plus: Which Is Better & Why?
- The Best Breville Bambino Plus vs Bambino Pro: Comparison For Buyers
- Breville Nespresso Creatista from Breville https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/nespresso/bne800.html
- Breville Bambino Plus from Breville https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/espresso/bes500.html
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.