In the comparison between the Gaggia Anima Prestige Vs Accademia, the winner is Anima Prestige simply for the fact that it is an inexpensive option but brings users the same experiences and also offers some better functions such as low energy standby mode, anti-spill pouring feature, etc. Your kitchen space, moreover, will be larger thanks to its suitable size in high and wide.
Nevertheless, the runner-up Accademia is also a worthy choice for somebody looking for an attractive all-stainless-steel design as well as customizations and smooth control function.
Gaggia Anima Prestige Vs Accademia: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Gaggia Anima Prestige Vs Accademia : Diffences
To quickly summarize, the Gaggia Anima Prestige wins 3- 0 against the Gaggia Academy. Courtesy of its reasonable price, useful features, and performance, and especially the low energy standby mode. Read that breakdown of their best and worst features below…
Low energy standby mode
Conserving energy has been a top priority for many earth-conscious buyers. While on standby, your entire machine switches to a low power state, and your coffee machines use less power. The machine is still using some power since it is not completely turned off. However, standby modes could save energy efficiency by 2-5%. If you’re someone who prefers a coffee maker, it really is a helpful function.
The Gaggia Anima Prestige’s energy-saving design makes it a good choice. After 60 minutes of inactivity, the machine automatically switches to standby, the boiler stops heating, and all the devices turn off. The system consumes the least amount of energy possible.
Press any button if you want to turn the machine back on. On the other hand, to put the machine in standby mode manually, you must hold the standby button down for three seconds.
The Gaggia Accademia, however, does not offer this feature.
Features and performance
The Anima Prestige is a mere 8.7” wide and 13.38” high, and only weighs 16 pounds, making it most at home under tall cabinets or on a dedicated brew bar to provide clearance for the reservoir and hopper lids.
Anima Prestige’s height allows the cabinet to have a tall 60 oz reservoir and 15 puck dreg drawer. The bean hopper holds up to 8.8oz of whole bean coffee, the frothing carafe holds 17 oz of milk, and the drip tray holds 24 oz with a red float to remind you to empty it. There are just a few inches of space between each brew spout, and the blue LED screen notifies you when to refill the water reservoir, add beans, clean the carafe, or empty the dreg drawer.
Meanwhile, Gaggia Accademia has a wide and high of 16” x 14.6” and weighs up to 45 pounds, much heavier than Anima Prestige. This means that this coffee machine will take up a large space in your kitchen area. In addition, although Gaggia Accademia is bigger than Anima Prestige, its reservoir capacity is only 54 oz, and therefore, the amount of water you pour into your machine so that it can be transferred into the coffee can be more limited.
I think it’s safe to say that the Gaggia Academy is a very expensive coffee maker. There are many reasons adding to the reason why it is considered to be high-end and premium, including the fact that it is customizable. However, in fairness, you must acknowledge that it’s almost twice as expensive as the Anima Prestige.
Anima Prestige is significantly less expensive than Gaggia Academia and has all the right features for making delicious and rich espresso.
The Anima Prestige stands out by brewing cappuccinos or latte macchiatos at the touch of a button. Its tall spout is ideally suited for long coffees or layered milk drinks, while the one-touch carafe can easily froth milk and be used over and over again. With a large reservoir, this machine is a great choice for multi-user households or people who enjoy drinking extra-large drinks.
Regardless of which Gaggia model you choose, you won’t miss much between the Accademia and Prestige.
Quick Rundown Of Gaggia Anima Prestige
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Filter type:Reusable
- ONE TOUCH BREWING AND FROTHING: Bean-to-cup feature with automatic milk frothing for cappuccinos, macchiatos and lattes
- PROGRAMMABLE: Programmable brewing options for lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and espresso
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: 3 different temperature settings. Min/177.5 °F, Med/182.9 °F, Max/184.5 °F
- EASY ACCESS TO WATER RESERVOIR AND BEAN HOPPER: Features a removable 60 oz water reservoir that can be accessed on the top left of the machine, and an 8.8 ounce capacity bean hopper with access from the top right of the machine
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Gaggia Anima Prestige is a convenient and compact machine. It is also the more affordable option for a super-automatic espresso maker. Even when looking at the whole array of super-automatics, and not just alongside the Accademia, the Anima Prestige is a cost-effective and inexpensive pick.
But don’t let the low cost fool you. This one has plenty of exciting features such as a user-friendly large display with buttons. Each button is the coffee drink of your dreams! Espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, and latte macchiato.
These are all the pre-programmed settings that make the Gaggia Anima Prestige unique and powerful. Allowing you to brew espresso drinks cup after cup easily with zero time wastage.
There’s even an aroma strength and menu button right to the display screen. So you can navigate various adjustments that you’d like to make to your cup.
Speaking of making things easier (and faster), the cleaning and maintenance are also impressive. It’s clear from the stainless steel design that the unit is well-thought-out and foolproof. It dissembles easily and features a removable brew group for cleaning. You can also remove the 60-ounce water tank and milk carafe for storage or rinsing.
Quick Rundown Of Gaggia Accademia 1003380
- Adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser with a maximum height of a little over 6-1/2-inch to accommodate a wide variety of cup sizes
- Milk carafe capacity 0,6 L.Ceramic burr grinder with integrated bean hopper and double lid aroma saver
- Integrated coffee grounds container, removable from the front
- Programmable coffee quantity - from 7 to 10-cup
- Pre-brewing system for maximum flavor extraction.Materials and finishing:metal painted/stainless steel
Last update on 2023-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
While the Gaggia Anima Prestige and Accademia share a 15 bar pump system, the Accademia has it all put together beautifully. Take for example the double boiler system which intricately manages the espresso and milk steaming.
The next thing is the dual steam options for frothing milk manually using a wand and with the integrated milk carafe which also allows storage of milk. This is probably my most favorite feature of the Accademia. I love the accessibility of both the milk steaming options.
Another impressive feature would be the LCD display with 8 buttons around it. I don’t know if you counted but the Anima Prestige has 6. The Gaggia Accademia has reserved the 6 buttons for coffee drinks while the extra 2 are for cleaning, hot water dispensing, and manual frothing.
Even tinier buttons sit underneath the main display for adjustments. Dose control, grind settings, temperature, and strength. I can adjust the intensity of the levels right there for each and every one of the coffee drinks that the machine can brew for me.
This makes the grinding, extracting, and frothing a seamless affair. With the press of a button, I can make a drink like a latte, cappuccino, or a latte macchiato back to back. With a completely flexible and sturdy dispenser with height adjustments.
All the main parts are removable and they are just as easy to clean and maintain.
There are two ways to look at any espresso maker for the first time. And this comparison focuses on the performance-driven and value-driven features of the Gaggia Anima Prestige vs Accademia.
Gaggia espresso makers cater to both factors considerably well. But evaluating the features, prices, and convenience of the Gaggia Anima Prestige and Gaggia Accademia based on my personal experience and satisfaction, the Gaggia Anima Prestige definitely the priority.
Related Articles to Gaggia Anima Prestige
- Gaggia Anima Prestige Vs Philips 3200 Lattego: Which Model Is More Affordable And Better Optimized?
- Gaggia Anima Prestige vs Breville Barista Touch: Compare 2 Super-automatic Machines For Easy and Flavorful Coffee
- Gaggia Anima Prestige vs Babila: Which Model Will Suit Your Espresso Needs?
- Gaggia Anima vs Anima Prestige: Best Super—Automatic Espresso Machine For You?
- Comparing Gaggia Anima Prestige vs Velasca Prestige: Best Pick For Espresso Beginners
- Gaggia Cadorna Prestige vs Anima Prestige: Quick Comparison Review & Benefits
Related Articles to Gaggia Accademia
- Gaggia Accademia vs Saeco Xelsis: Evaluating 4 Key Differences For Home Coffee Drinkers & Espresso Lovers
- Gaggia Accademia vs Breville Oracle: Which Has The Potentiality To Be The Winner?
- Gaggia Babila vs Accademia: Which Espresso Maker To Go For & Why?
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.