Philips 3200 vs Terra Kaffe has been an interesting debate for deciding the better product. Both are consistent espresso machines, but I incline to Philips 3200 more, so it’s my chosen winner.
Philips 3200 is a stable espresso machine that has consistently brewed smooth and robust cups with velvety crema. The steam wand can froth from creamy to dry foam with ease, and the grinder is very impressive as well. I believe this piece will satisfy your requirements for its incredibly affordable price tag.
As for Terra Kaffe, this espresso machine has one of the sleekest and most modern designs that I have seen. The quality of espresso and milk foam is good as well. However, the brand is not very well-known and relatively small, so the warranty and maintenance aren’t as stable. There are minor minus points in its operation as well.
Philips 3200 vs Terra Kaffe: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips 3200 vs Terra Kaffe: Differences
Philips 3200 wins 3-2 against Terra Kaffe. I must say that design and operation-wise, both devices leave a good impression. The espresso quality is excellent, and there are convenient cleaning cycles as well. Check out the strengths and weaknesses of these machines’ features below.
Coffee Flavor: Tie
Both models use a conical burr grinder to grind freshly roasted coffee beans, but heads up, I prefer Philips 3200’s. And after testing these machines, I can tell you that they deliver a decent job. Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe can grind beans smoothly and evenly without making too much noise. Cups after cus, I have been able to get balanced coffee thanks to them.
However, there are some differences in terms of setting and final flavor. With Philips 3200, I can enjoy its 12 settings for the ground texture, while with Terra Kaffee, there are only 5.
If you aren’t familiar with how grinder settings work, here is some info: users can organically achieve different coffee strengths depending on the ground texture. The coarser the ground, the weaker the flavor. And the more settings, the more options for adjusting the espresso taste.
That’s why I still prefer the grinder of Philips 3200 because I have more control over the strength of the drinks.
+Dosing + tamping
Both Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe are super-automatic, so you can expect them to automatically manage the dosing and tamping. After checking the used pucks, I can tell that Philips 3200 applies slightly more pressure on the coffee ground, which explains why there is more crema in this machine’s espresso.
Don’t get me wrong. Terra Kaffe can extract some decent crema as well. But the layers aren’t as thick as I get from the model above. Texture-wise, espressos from this pair have a heavier mouthfeel to them.
Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe use a boiler system to brew water, and for me, this is not the most elaborate of all technologies, which brings us back to the value and price relation. The boiler system is common in espresso makers in a lower price range, which explains why Philips 3200 has it. On the contrary, with Terra Kaffe’s price tag, it should have had a more potent heating system.
Milk System: Philips 3200
If you are looking for a machine that can make airy and dry foam, Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe can handle the task. I have tested the theory, and they do a phenomenal job at making microfoam.
The difference is that Philips 3200 uses a steam wand while Terra Kaffe uses a carafe. With a carafe, it’s clear that making foam is easier since the system handles it all. But, with a steam wand, I can control the texture of the final foam better. Thus, making both creamy+moist foam and dry+airy foam is an easy task. The carafe definitely offers less control for me.
In the case of Terra Kaffe, it has a bunch of one-touch beverages that are very convenient for beginners with little experience with espresso machines. It can automatically brew cappuccino and latte, among other drinks that don’t involve milk.
As for Philips 3200, this model offers aroma control of the drinks, and Terra Kaffe doesn’t own this feature. If the smell of hot coffee wakes you up in the morning with a positive attitude, you know it’s good to have a device with aroma control.
Cleaning & Maintain: Philips 3200
Philips 3200 wins the round due to its elaborate cleaning alarm system. A variety of warnings, such as descaling, rinsing, and changing the water filter, can be found on the device’s interface. As a reviewer with many products to test, these warnings help me a lot when I don’t have the mind to keep tab of the daily or weekly cleaning.
Design & Material: Terra Kaffe
Visually speaking, I prefer the design of Terra Kaffe. The interface is deliberately simplified. All we can see is a touchscreen next to the on/off button. There is one word only to describe the design of this machine: minimalist. I believe it will cool on any kitchen stand.
Nevertheless, Philips 3200 has a fair share of modern design as well. The smooth and glossy black paint and modern touchscreen make a great combo.
In terms of material, the pair uses plastic as the main material. This is where I think you should consider more because Philips 3200 is much cheaper. Using the same material, Philips 3200 is a few hundred bucks more cut-price than the Terra Kaffe.
Philips 3200 vs Terra Kaffe: Similarities
Let me show you 2 small similarities that Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe share below.
If you are crazy about Americano like me, you will want to get your hands on both models. It´s true that Americano simply is a mixture of water and espresso. But if we don´t get the proportions right, the taste will be either too strong or too weak and watered-down.
And from my experience with Philips 3200 and Terra Kaffe, they handle this recipe well. Normally I will add a bit of sugar to give the flavor an extra kick.
Adjustable brewing temperature
Each beverage tastes differently at different temperatures, and depending on the user, a hot cup of coffee isn’t always perfect. Luckily, we can enjoy adjustable water temp with this pair. As for me, I always set it at the highest level possible. I want to sip down the espresso or coffee with ease without the drink running cold in a few minutes.
Quick Rundown of Philips 3200
- With Philips 3200 Series easily make up to 5 black and milk-based coffee varieties at the touch of a button! Enjoy the delicious taste and aroma of coffee from fresh beans at the perfect temperature
- Classic Milk Frother System: Dispenses steam, allowing you to easily prepare silky smooth milk froth for your cappuccino
- Intuitive Touch Display: Select the perfect coffee for your mood with just one touch
- My Coffee Choice Menu: Adjust the strength and quantity of your beverage and choose from three different settings to suit your preferences. The Aroma Extract system intelligently strikes the optimum balance between brewing temperature and aroma extraction
- Powerful Filter and Easy Maintenance: Thanks to the AquaClean, enjoy clear and purified water - by changing the filter after being prompted by the machine, you will not need to descale your machine for up to 5000 cups
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Terra Kaffe
Related Articles to Philips 3200
- Philips 3200 Vs Breville Barista Pro: Which Machine Brews More Exquisite Espressos, Has Better Automation And Is Easier To Clean?
- Saeco Xelsis Vs Philips 3200: Honest Review Of 2 Intuitive And Potent Espresso Machines After 2 Months Of Testing
- Philips 3200 Vs 3100: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Espresso Machines After 2 Months Of Using
- Philips 3200 Vs 5000: Which Espresso Machine Brews More Delicious Drinks And Has Better Utilities?
- Philips 3200 Vs 5400: Which Espresso Machine Wins? Reviewing 2 Affordable Models With Similar Design
- Philips 3200 Vs 4300: My Honest Review On 2 Affordable Espresso Machines (1 Month Of Using)
- Jura D6 Vs Philips 3200: Which Espresso Machine Makes Better Drinks And Has A More Intuitive Design?
- Jura E8 Vs Philips 3200: Finding A Worth-To-Buy Machine For Milk-Based Coffee Recipes
- Jura E6 Vs Philips 3200: 2 Espresso Machines In Different Price Ranges. Which Performs Better?
- Jura A1 Vs Philips 3200: Reviewing 2 Affordable And Super-Automatic Espresso Machines. 1 Is Much Better
- Breville Barista Express vs Philips 3200: Which Automatic Coffee Maker Is A Better Fit?
- Philips 3200: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/EP3221_44/series-3200-fully-automatic-espresso-machines
- Terra Kaffe: https://www.terrakaffe.com/product/tk-01-w/
Felix Hendricks is a skilled barista with over 12 years of experience. He excels in crafting coffee and has a strong foundation in coffee machine mechanics. Felix holds a Coffee Machine Maintenance Certification from the Coffee Equipment Technical Institute, showcasing his ability to diagnose and repair coffee machines. He’s also worked as a quality control specialist, selecting premium coffee beans for optimal flavor. Felix has a diverse work history, including stints at renowned coffee spots like Café Euphoria & Starbucks. His expertise in both brewing and machine maintenance makes him a respected figure in the coffee industry.