Are you wondering about the winner between Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips Lattego 5400? I have a quick answer and a detailed review for you here: Delonghi Dinamica Plus.
The winner Delonghi Dinamica Plus boasts of a stable brewing cycle and excellent milk foam quality. Every detail of this machine leaves a good impression on me since they focus a lot on consistency. For example, the grinder delivers smooth ground extractions after extractions, and it barely makes any noise.
As for the runner-up Philips Lattego 5400, this model also is designed with tons of one-touch beverages that promise a convenient experience for even first-timers. However, this model lacks consistency in its grinder and the milk system. You can find out my experience with this particular model below.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips Lattego 5400: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips Lattego 5400: Differences
Delonghi Dinamica Plus wins 3 to 1 against Philips Lattego 5400 thanks to its most crucial assets: consistent extraction and excellent milk quality. I will comment on these models’ pros and cons now.
Coffee Flavor: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
Both models have pros and cons with their grinder designs, but from my experience, Delonghi Dinamica Plus has a more consistent one.
About Delonghi Dinamica Plus’s grinder, it is conical steel that has been consistently grinding beans smoothly and evenly. I’m in love with the fact that it can grind without making a ruckus, either.
However, steel is not the ideal material for coffee grinders since it heats up more easily due to friction. As a result, espresso and coffee flavor tends to be more bitter.
Nevertheless, I haven’t tasted burnt or bitter coffee once after owning this device for so long (since it was first launched last year). Also, steel is a good pick for users who have to move this electronic device around frequently, given that it is less prone to damage.
In the case of Philips Lattego 5400’s grinder, the ceramic burr grinder design ensures that the flavor of the espresso isn’t alternated throughout the brewing process. And this model has kept its cool in this aspect. The ceramic material is a good touch since it doesn’t add much heat to the beans.
Unfortunately, it is one of the noisiest that I have ever used, and I don’t appreciate its loud screeching sound in the morning. So if you live in a shared apartment or wherever that you aren’t supposed to make noise, Philips 5400 might not be the greatest pick.
There is no doubt that I have been enjoying warm-hot espressos and coffees with these machines thanks to their heating system.
The difference is that the Delonghi Dinamica Plus is equipped with dual boilers, while the Philips Lattego 5400 uses a single boiler system. The beverage temperature isn’t very distinctive. It is perfect for drinking right away. But in terms of milk foam temperature, the former machine does a better job for me. It’s not surprising because that’s what dual boilers are expected to offer.
Milk System: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
I usually go with the LatteGo system since my Philips 3200 LatteGo is one of the best affordable espresso machines I have ever owned. But the LatteGo on 5400 hasn’t been that impressive, thus explaining why I think Delonghi Dinamica Plus has a better milk system.
With Delonghi Dinamica Plus, I get very fluffy milk foam, ideal for cappuccino and latte art. And given that we are looking for an espresso machine specializing in milk-based drinks, I suggest that you check out this model.
With the LatteGo system of 5400, I sometimes get dry foam. But most of the time, the foam quality is quite creamy, suitable for flat white, but not what I expected from this machine, given its advertisements.
I like that Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Philips Lattego 5400 have various profiles for different users and are very intuitive. The machines save the settings for future brewing.
Also, it’s possible to change the coffee volume according to our preference.
The used coffee container can hold a large number of servings as well. With DeLonghi Dinamica Plus, we can hold on to the container for up to 14 servings.
I find the general additional features of both machines simple yet effective. No detail seems out of place.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Tie
Cleaning these machines can be described as standard. The process isn’t too tiresome, but I wouldn’t say that these models have the most elaborate cleaning system either. They can auto-rise before and after brewing to ensure that there is no milk or coffee left in the brew path, ensuring the flavor consistency.
However, they require constant use of cleaning solutions, which can get quite expressive if you don’t have the fund for it.
In general, I find the cleaning pretty standard and not as hectic as many other cheaper products.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips Lattego 5400: Similarities
Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Philips Lattego 5400 share significant similarities that I believe will affect the experience of users directly. You can check them out below.
One-touch beverages with various options for customization
The catalog of one-touch beverages that Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Philips Lattego 5400 share is impressive. It’s true that not all drinks coincide, but in general, I can easily pick both classic espressos and coffees alongside milk-based beverages.
With Delonghi Dinamica Plus, we can brew espresso, coffee, long, doppio+, coffee pot, cappuccino, latte macchiato, cappuccino+, cappuccinomix, hot milk, caffelatte, flat white, espresso macchiato.
With Philips Lattego 5400, we can brew espresso, coffee, americano, cappuccino, latte macchiato, flat White, café au lait, caffe latte, caffé crema, ristretto, espresso lungo, travel mug function, frothed milk.
Various user profiles
Suppose you are looking for an espresso machine for a small office. In that case, I believe Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Philips Lattego 5400 are good picks, given that the pair has various profiles for individual users. With Delonghi Dinamica Plus, I see that there are stable 3 profiles with 1 guest profile. As for Philips Lattego 5400, there are 4 fixed profiles and 1 guest profile.
Why is this feature impressive? Each profile is intuitive and saves all the user’s changes with each recipe. If you want the foam on your cappuccino to be creamier than that of other profiles, the devices will save the settings for you in future uses.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Philips 5400
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Siemens EQ 6: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Machines And Deciding Which Is More Suitable For Home Use
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Soul: 2 High-end Espresso Machine From Delonghi. Which Is Worth The Investment?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Elite: Break Down The Dynamics Of These Espresso Machines With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Class: Pick The Best Espresso Machine With Powerful Milk System With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna: Which Espresso Machine Is Better And Is It Worth Spending Thousands On These Devices?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura ENA 8: Comparing The Two Equally Crafty Espresso Machines For A More User-Friendly Brewing Experience
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E6 Vs Delonghi Dinamica Plus: A Head-To-Head Comparison
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
- The Best Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Eletta Review You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Dinamica: Which One Should You Buy?
Related Articles to Philips 5400
- Philips 3200 Vs 5400: Which Espresso Machine Wins? Reviewing 2 Affordable Models With Similar Design
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Philips Lattego 5400: https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/EP5447_94/philips-5400-series-fully-automatic-espresso-machines
Felix Hendricks is a skilled barista with over 12 years of experience. He excels in crafting coffee and has a strong foundation in coffee machine mechanics. Felix holds a Coffee Machine Maintenance Certification from the Coffee Equipment Technical Institute, showcasing his ability to diagnose and repair coffee machines. He’s also worked as a quality control specialist, selecting premium coffee beans for optimal flavor. Felix has a diverse work history, including stints at renowned coffee spots like Café Euphoria & Starbucks. His expertise in both brewing and machine maintenance makes him a respected figure in the coffee industry.