After testing these espresso machines, I have decided the winner in Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna debate. My preferred pick is Delonghi Dinamica Plus, even though I find the Prima Donna line pretty impressive as well.
The winner Delonghi Dinamica Plus boasts of a consistent espresso quality, which can be described as robust, nuanced, and smooth. The texture has a good mouthfeel, and the milk foam is airy and velvety as well. I also enjoy its intuitive personalization and one-touch beverages. I highly recommend it.
As for the runner-up Delonghi Prima Donna, it has a bunch of one-touch coffees as well, and I can’t be more satisfied with its espresso taste. However, the milk system is not the most stable of the crowd, and the interface design doesn’t impress me much. I will show you the details below.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna: Differences
Delonghi Dinamica Plus wins 3 – 1 against Delonghi Prima Donna. The former has been working with higher stability for me. I never have to complain about its espresso quality or smoothness during the entire brewing process. Also, its collection of one-touch beverages is much more impressive.
Coffee flavor: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
In terms of the grinders, these machines use the same grinder shape, which is conical, but the materials are different. With Delonghi Dinamica Plus, the grinder is made of steel, and the one of Primadonna is made of stainless steel.
In the long run, I recommend that you pick ceramic or stainless steel grinders since they are more durable, deliver better flavor quality, and are less prone to rust.
With the steel grinder of Dinamica Plus, it sure can withstand impact and grind smoothly. But steel tends to heat up quickly and affects the flavor of the drinks.
However, from my experience with this pair of espresso machines, I don’t notice a big difference between the taste of beverages made by the two. The espresso flavor of Dinamica Plus is indeed more robust and nuanced, but it’s not the disappointing type of robust.
Noise-wise, both are reasonably quiet, which makes them ideal for households with small children.
+Dosing and tamping
It’s possible to change the dose amount via coffee strength adjustment, which Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Delonghi Prima Donna have. What I like the most is that the configuration of coffee strength is very easy, given that we have buttons that are designed for this sole purpose on the interface.
And, if you are looking for a super-automatic espresso maker that handles all the work for you, this pair is perfect. The dosing and tamping step is 100% maneuvered by the devices themselves.
Milk System: Tie
There is a difference in performance between Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna regarding the milk system. However, the general milk texture quality that these machines head to is quite similar.
Both are very good at making fluffy foam for cappuccinos and lattes. And creamy foam isn’t their biggest strength, even though they can deliver it perfectly from time to time.
Prima Donna is the one with less stability in its milk system. It sticks around the dry and airy texture, and it’s harder to achieve creamy foam. Also, since the system works with both carafe and steam wand, users will have to decide how they want to froth milk. It won’t take much time to get used to it, but it’s definitely more complicated.
Utilities: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
This model seems more convenient for me since it has so many extraordinary one-touch beverages. We have access to hand-free brewing of espresso, coffee, long, doppio+, coffee pot, cappuccino, latte macchiato, cappuccino+, cappuccinomix, hot milk, caffelatte, flat white, and espresso macchiato. The catalog is LONG.
As for Delonghi Prima Donna, I think it should have had more one-touch offers with its price. In reality, there are only 6 beverages for users to choose from without including the twin brewing recipes. I’m talking about very standard recipes like espresso, coffee, cappuccino, caffelatte, latte macchiato, or hot milk.
Also, DeLonghi Dinamica Plus allows users to start brewing and control the extraction process via an application dedicated to this product line and other more modern versions of Delonghi. Since Prima Donna is an older product line, it lacks certain convenient touches that nowadays lines boast of.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Tie
Since the pair is quite standard in this aspect, I think they will satisfy many users. The first thing that I noticed is that various cleaning cycles are designed for basic washing of the brew path, for descaling, and rinsing the milk system. Depending on what we pick, the cleaning can take 15 seconds to 20 minutes.
And since the brew groups are removable, there is no reason not to do it and wash the whole part with clear water and let it dry naturally. No soap, no chemicals. The models offer very detailed instruction, so there shouldn’t be any problem.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna: Similarities
There are two differences between Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Delonghi Prima Donna that I find most relevant. You can check them out below.
Coffee drawer capacity
The used coffee containers of Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Delonghi Prima Donna can store up to 14 servings if we brew single espressos. If we opt for beverages that require more coffee ground, the containers surely will fill themselves up quicker, which results in a more frequent cleaning process towards this compartment of the machines.
Sure enough, I find 14 servings more than enough for daily brewing. The capacity is ideal for households and apartments. As for offices, maybe a bigger model would work better.
Both espresso machines have adjustable spouts for brewing with tall and short cups. With Delonghi Dinamica Plus, we can enjoy a spout that can be adjusted as tall as 5.5 inches. With Delonghi Prima Donna, the spout height varies from 3.4 to 5.6 inches.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Prima Donna
- Automatic Latte and Cappuccino: the proprietary LatteCrema system allows you to create Italian classic cappuccino, latte, cafelatte or other milk-based recipes just in one touch
- Stainless steel housing with digital display
- Memory function
- Maintenance: de’longhi machines require half the cleaning time of other brands, unlike competitor machines, which require chemical cleaning tablets monthly.
- Hot water spout to be used for tea or hot chocolate
Last update on 2023-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Siemens EQ 6: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Machines And Deciding Which Is More Suitable For Home Use
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Soul: 2 High-end Espresso Machine From Delonghi. Which Is Worth The Investment?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Elite: Break Down The Dynamics Of These Espresso Machines With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Class: Pick The Best Espresso Machine With Powerful Milk System With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips Lattego 5400: Which Should I Choose For Delicious Milk-Based Coffees?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura ENA 8: Comparing The Two Equally Crafty Espresso Machines For A More User-Friendly Brewing Experience
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
- The Best Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Eletta Review You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: Which Is The Best Mid-Range Espresso Maker?
Related Articles to Delonghi Prima Donna
- Breville Oracle Touch vs DeLonghi Prima Donna Review: Which Fully Automatic Espresso Machine Is Great For Lots of Crema?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Delonghi Prima Donna: https://www.delonghi.com/en-meia/products/coffee/coffee-makers/bean-to-cup/primadonna-s-de-luxe-ecam-28465m-0132215194
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.