After putting the devices to the test, I have found the winner in the debate between Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Siemens EQ 6. The better one is Delonghi Dinamica Plus.
The winner Delonghi Dinamica Plus is a much more renowned espresso machine, and it boasts of balanced, nuanced, and robust espresso flavor. I really enjoy the milk texture of this model since it’s so airy and has a good mouthfeel at the same time. Also, there are many additional features. I think this one is simple yet complete enough for home use.
As for Siemens EQ 6, this model can also extract strong espresso and froth microfoam. What impresses me the most is its giant color touch display with very organized sections, from one-touch beverages to the section where I can adjust the drinks or clean the machine. However, I’m not fond of its noisy grinder and dull visual design.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Siemens EQ 6: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Siemens EQ 6: Differences
Delonghi Dinamica Plus wins 4-1 against Siemens EQ 6. Its overall performance is much better, and I genuinely prefer its design. Also, the quiet operation is a major plus point that this model boasts of. If you want to know these machines’ good and bad elements, you should check out my review below.
Coffee Flavor: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
Directly, I will say that Dinamica Plus has a much better grinder. It can deliver smooth ground and not make too much noise at the same time. It also boasts of 13 grinder settings, which offer more diversity in adjusting the ground texture and espresso’s strength and flavor.
As for Siemens EQ 6, I don’t enjoy its ceramic conical grinder, even though the design is supposed to be more stable than the conical steel one of Dinamica Plus. This one is very noisy, and it produces a deafening rumbling sound whenever it grinds. Even its milk frothing cycles are noisy. It also only has 5 grinder settings. Nevertheless, I find the ground texture reasonably even. So the grinder still has a good point to it.
+Dosing and tamping
These super-automatic models are expected to brew from beans to cups, and that’s what these devices do. I don’t have to intervene during the brewing process. But, sometimes, I test the stop dosing function that these are so proud of to see if the devices will cut off the extraction to avoid overflowing the cup or not. And I must say that they work pretty well.
However, it’s recommendable to buy a big enough cup to avoid having to cut off the drink volume during the extraction process. The flavor will be affected. There is no doubt about that.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Siemens EQ 6 brew cups hot enough for enjoying right away. But, the temperature of the drinks is more stable in Dinamica Plus. It’s not surprising since the model is equipped with dual boilers, while Siemens’s product has a single boiler only.
The difference isn’t very severe. But in the long run, I highly recommend the dual boilers system. It allows the device to froth milk right after extracting hot espresso without losing heat and making milk cool instead of hot.
Milk System: Tie
I enjoy both devices’ milk systems. They can make high-quality milk foam, precisely what I expect in espresso machines in this price range. It’s possible to change the milk texture according to my liking. But usually, I will go with the preprogrammed recipes to see if the automatic settings of the devices are good or not.
From many brewing sessions, I find the texture very diverse. I can get creamy milk foam if I brew flat white and drier foam if I brew cappuccino. The difference is that Dinamica Plus has many more one-touch milk-based beverages, like Cappuccino+, CappuccinoMix, Caffelatte, etc.
Utilities: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
This machine has multiple profile options for users looking for a machine for their small office or households. It has 3 fixed profiles and 1 guest profile. The 3 main profiles will save every change that we make with the recipes without affecting other profiles. As for the guest profile, just as you have guessed, it doesn’t save changes.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Tie
I find cleaning these machines standard. They both have auto-rinse cycles to purge the brew and milk path to avoid affecting flavor quality. And there are deep clean cycles as well. The best way to cleanse the entire brew path, from grinder to dispenser, is to use a cleaning solution. It should be easy to find on any e-commerce platform.
- Rinse after each brewing session
- Clear the used ground container each day to avoid bacteria formation and old coffee smell
- Deep clean the brew path each week, preferably twice a week if possible
- Clean the brew group at least once per month, and let it air dry
Design & Material: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
In terms of the visual aspect, I much prefer Dinamica Plus. Both models have the same matte dark gray color, but Dinamica Plus doesn’t give off a dull effect on my countertop. On the contrary, Siemens EQ 6 doesn’t look that great due to its pitch black and giant touch screen. The later device looks dull on my kitchen counter and darkens the space.
As for the material, Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Siemens EQ 6 use plastic as the primary material. Since the pair is somewhat expensive, I think the brands should have gone with a more durable and sturdy one like metal, stainless steel, or aluminum. Nevertheless, the machines are already big, so a metal-based material could have added more weight, making them heavier.
There is a catch here. Dinamica Plus is a few hundred bucks more affordable. So I think it is a better deal. What about you?
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Siemens EQ 6: Similarities
These super-automatic espresso machines share some similar features in terms of customization of the beverages and the interface. Don’t miss it!
Adjustable coffee strength and volume
This is a common feature that can be found on almost any modern espresso machine that I find very crucial. With Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Siemens EQ 6, it’s possible to adjust the coffee strength and volume. Specifically, we can change the volume before or during the brewing process to adapt the amount to the cup that we use.
Since we are so used to touchscreen devices nowadays, I think a touch display will work well on an espresso machine. And it’s true. Both Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Siemens EQ 6 have a responsive interface with a color display. I find it easy to decide which drink to brew with the icons representing the recipes. Overall, it’s a good pick of the interface.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
- The intelligent Smart-One-Touch feature recognizes your preferences and is programmed to list your most frequently selected drinks as first on the display.
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Siemens EQ6
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Soul: 2 High-end Espresso Machine From Delonghi. Which Is Worth The Investment?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Elite: Break Down The Dynamics Of These Espresso Machines With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Class: Pick The Best Espresso Machine With Powerful Milk System With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna: Which Espresso Machine Is Better And Is It Worth Spending Thousands On These Devices?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips Lattego 5400: Which Should I Choose For Delicious Milk-Based Coffees?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura ENA 8: Comparing The Two Equally Crafty Espresso Machines For A More User-Friendly Brewing Experience
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
- The Best Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Eletta Review You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: Which Is The Best Mid-Range Espresso Maker?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Siemens EQ 6: https://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/za/products-list/coffee-machines/automatic-coffee-machines/eq6-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/TE655203RW#/Tabs=section-highlights/Togglebox=-1188775611/
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.