Let’s find out the winner between Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Elite with me. I will tell you how they ACTUALLY work compared to how they are advertised.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus is my go-to pick in this debate if you want a quick answer. It has been easy for me to purchase this model, and its espresso quality is one of the best in the price range. I’m also in love with its milk texture, which is very fluffy and dry, perfect for lattes and cappuccinos. Its 14 programmable drinks are impressive as well.
In the case of the runner-up, Delonghi Primadonna Elite also is a well-rounded model. The espresso and milk quality is pleasant, and it boasts of a color touch display. This machine would have been perfect if it wasn’t discontinued, which might affect the fixing process if you want to run it through a warranty.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Elite: Comparison Chart
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Elite: Differences
Delonghi Dinamica Plus wins 3 to 2 against Delonghi Primadonna Elite. Compared to this model, Dinamica Plus has a more straightforward design. I enjoy its robust yet balanced espresso flavor. This one also is more affordable, so it’s a big plus for its value and price.
Coffee flavor: Tie
These machines use conical steel grinders, a very standard grinder design in this price range. Personally, I would prefer them to be made in ceramic since this material doesn’t heat up the coffee ground and affect the flavor. But steel has its good points too. Steel grinders are less prone to damage, making them perfect for users who have to move around frequently.
From my experience, the grinders do their job decently. The noise level definitely belongs to the quieter side, even though it’s evident that no grinders are 100% silent.
As for the ground texture, I find Delonghi Dinamica Plus’s results more even and smooth, while Primadonna Elite sometimes has larger lumps mixed with the fine ground. Nevertheless, I don’t find the espresso flavor severely affected by this. In general, the taste quality has been balanced and robust with both machines.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Elite use dual boilers to heat water and milk. And if you are familiar with the dual boilers, you know that they allow users to froth milk and extract espresso consecutively without losing suitable temperature.
And how does the pair perform with their dual boilers? I find the drink temperature perfect for drinking right away without burning my lips. Many would think that this means the drink temperature isn’t hot enough, but it’s not true.
What I usually do is extract coffee into a preheated cup to keep the drinks hotter for a longer period of time. And it works. The drinks are warm/hot enough to enjoy right away, but they don’t lose temperature quickly.
Milk System: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
With the automatic milk carafes integrated into these machines, I have been able to froth some quality microfoam. Both can deliver dry and airy milk foam for cappuccino and latte art. And they can somewhat handle creamy foam as well for drinks like flat white and macchiato.
But, Dinamica Plus still performs better in this aspect for me. This machine can handle almost any type of milk, including alternative ones like almond or soy milk for users who can’t consume dairy products. As for Primadonna Elite, it’s more recommendable for frothing solely dairy milk.
Thanks to the elaborate collections of one-touch beverages that these models have, I don’t have to intervene during the entire brewing process unless I want to change the volume of the drinks or the strength of espresso. Overall, I find this feature very convenient.
Both models can brew a wide variety of recipes like espresso, coffee, long, doppio+, cappuccino, latte macchiato, cappuccino+, cappuccinomix, hot milk, etc. Each has its special order as well. Dinamica Plus can brew a whole coffee pot while Primadonna Elite can extract Americano.
Also, the pair has a touchscreen interface that I find immensely convenient. Since we are so used to touchscreen devices, I think it’s nice to own an espresso machine that offers the same experience as the phones. As for the screen’s sensitivity, I find Dinamica Plus slightly more intuitive with its soft touch.
Cleaning & Maintenance: Delonghi Dinamica Plus
This pair has a fair share of cleaning cycles, from quick to thorough. I prefer Dinamica Plus because it can automatically rinse the entire brew path when I turn on and shut off the device. This helps clean the part easier and maintains the fresh scent of coffee less hectic.
Overall, I find Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Elite great at keeping themselves clean. In fact, the brew groups and drip trays are also washing machine-safe. So it shouldn’t be too hard.
But, remember that it’s recommendable to leave the brew group to air dry itself instead of using cloth, given that it can cause fibers to break into small clefts and affect the functionality in the long run. I suggest not doing it with any espresso machine.
Design & Material: Delonghi Primadonna Elite
I prefer the design of Primadonna Elite since it feels much more studier than Dinamica Plus, which explains why it’s a few hundred bucks more expensive. This machine is made of metal, while Dinamica Plus has a plastic finish. So the material of the former model is better for me. But, if you are on a budget and prefer cutting down extra money lost, I think the Dinamica Plus line is perfectly worthy.
Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Primadonna Elite: Similarities
The one-touch options for various recipes and the quiet grinders are some features that Delonghi Dinamica Plus and Primadonna Elite share that I enjoy the most. Please find out how they work here.
Tons of one-touch beverages
These models have an impressive set of beverages that can be prepared hand-free. I’m talking about drinks like espresso, long, espresso macchiato, cappuccino, doppio+, caffeelatte, etc. Primadonna Elite’s one-touch drinks are slightly more impressive since it has 18 programmable drinks, while Dinamica Plus has 14 only.
But, after checking and testing the quality and differences between beverages, I find some recipes of each machine seem quite similar. For example, there isn’t much difference between their regular cappuccinos and CappuccinoMix. So maybe less is more in this case. I believe the 14 drink options of Dinamica Plus are more than enough.
When looking into an espresso machine, I always check the noise level that its grinder produces, given that many users are buying a device for their home, and espresso machines aren’t just for coffee shops anymore.
Luckily, both Delonghi Dinamica Plus and DeLonghi Primadonna Elite own a silent grinder, ideal for every household. Though, it is safe to say that Delonghi Dinamica Plus is slightly quieter.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- 3.5” TFT full-touch, colorful display provides intuitive and simple experience of one-touch specialty recipes
- De’Longhi Coffee Link App lets you create and save up to 3 personalized espresso recipes in your profile, so every cup of coffee is always customized to your unique taste
- 16 one-touch or customized coffee drinks: latte, espresso, cappuccino, flat white, iced coffee, regular coffee and more.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice.
- The intelligent Smart-One-Touch feature recognizes your preferences and is programmed to list your most frequently selected drinks as first on the display.
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Prima Donna Elite
Related Articles to Delonghi Dinamica Plus
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Siemens EQ 6: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Machines And Deciding Which Is More Suitable For Home Use
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Soul: 2 High-end Espresso Machine From Delonghi. Which Is Worth The Investment?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna Class: Pick The Best Espresso Machine With Powerful Milk System With Me
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Primadonna: Which Espresso Machine Is Better And Is It Worth Spending Thousands On These Devices?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus Vs Philips Lattego 5400: Which Should I Choose For Delicious Milk-Based Coffees?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Philips 3200 LatteGo: Which Is The Better Espresso Maker For Coffee Lovers?
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura ENA 8: Comparing The Two Equally Crafty Espresso Machines For A More User-Friendly Brewing Experience
- DeLonghi Dinamica Plus vs Jura E8: Comparing 8 Factors Between Two Super-Efficient, Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Magnifica S: What To Look For & How
- The Best Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Eletta Review You Didn’t Know You Needed
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus vs Dinamica: Which Is The Best Mid-Range Espresso Maker?
- Delonghi Dinamica Plus: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam370-95-t-dinamica-plus-automatic-coffee-machine/p/ECAM370.95.T
- Delonghi Prima Donna Elite: https://www.delonghi.com/en/ecam650-85-ms-primadonna-elite-experience-automatic-coffee-maker/p/ECAM650.85.MS
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.