At first glance, the Jura J6 vs E6 are both competitive and user-friendly picks. Now, after their evaluation, the same can be said about both fully automated espresso makers.
Such as the silent and efficient Aroma G3 grinder, Pulse Extraction Process, and intricate coffee customizations with an automated frother. Both are designed to meet the demands of a beginner espresso drinker and an expert.
Both machines are lightweight and modern to use. You can make plenty of coffees, all either the same or in different intensities and sizes, and the TFT color display lets you personalize any drink you want without wasting time.
Jura J6 vs E6: Comparision Chart
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Jura J6 vs E6: Differences
It’s a resounding tie (2 – 2) between the Jura J6 vs E6. Because they share so many strong features and their weaker features, too, complement each other. So the choice of which is better depends on you, even more than it does on the machines themselves.
1. Dose Control
The Winner: It’s A Tie!
The Jura J6 comes with a pre-ground coffee slot which the Jura E6 does not have. As a fully automated espresso maker, the fact that the E6 is not compatible with pre-ground coffee is disappointing.
If you like to experiment with different flavors or decaf coffee, the Jura J6 should be your choice because it offers 2 ways of brewing espresso right off the bat. The Aroma G3 coffee grinder with adjustable grind settings and the by-pass doser for pre-ground coffee.
The Jura E6 only includes the former feature which is the silent and fast Aroma G3 grinder.
The Jura E6 features 8 levels of programmable coffee strength which, even though the Jura J6 has but there is no fixed number of strength adjustments.
The same applies to the brewing temperature of the Jura E6. You can adjust it to 2 levels while in the Jura J6, though it features a programmable brewing temperature, the number of programmable settings are not mentioned.
Both machines also come with a programmable coffee volume setting with one-touch functionality. But the lack of proper information on the Jura J6 makes one wonder whether if it’s of good value – especially when the customer feedback of the Jura E6 is so tempting.
2. Milk System
The Winner: Jura J6
It should be noted that the Jura J6 features an adjustable froth setting which the Jura E6 does not offer. The Fine Foam Frother on both the J6 and E6 are fine picks for quick and smooth frothed milk. But you cannot adjust how thick or thin you want the milk froth to be on the E6. Thankfully, the Jura J6 does.
The result is smooth, creamy, and balanced milk froth for a drink like cappuccino. Because sometimes it so happens that the automatic frother increases the volume of the froth without necessarily improving the overall texture of the milk. So this results in cloudy and really thick milk froth which doesn’t taste so good.
3. Cleaning & Maintenance
The Winner: Jura E6
On the Jura E6, you have a visible water level, self-cleaning function before and after brewing, and a taller cup height adjustment spout for quick cleaning.
The Jura J6, though it does boast of sturdy and high-quality parts, features only a few impressive cleaning and maintenance features. Such as a low-energy mode, automatic shut-off, integrated cleaning cycles, a calcium-cleaning function and a water filter for the reservoir.
Meanwhile, there is no standby power feature in the Jura E6 – which is a bummer. But for the rest of it, keeping the machine consistently clean and ready for a brew, making sure no particles get stuck in the water tank, and the brew unit and drip tray and spouts are easy to rinse/wipe.
Overall, the Jura E6 is a sturdier and more reliable espresso maker to clean and maintain.
Jura J6 vs E6: Similarities
Let’s start with the basic but important features. The features that determine the taste and texture and aroma of espresso are included in this category. And the Jura J6 and E6 offer them all.
The Pulse Extraction Process, Thermoblock heating, 15 bar pump system, and built-in Aroma G3 grinder. These features are designed to contribute the richest and smoothest flavor of espresso at home – just like a barista.
And they all work extra hard with intricate programmability – strength, temperature, and volume – for brewing espresso that tastes distinctly superior to anything else you might have brewed at home.
Both machines come with a set of pre-programmed coffee drinks. So you can drink a drink as special as a macchiato at the touch of a button. The quality of the espresso is great. The quality of a single or double-shot is also consistent and intense.
2. Milk Frothing
Both espresso makers come with a Fine Foam frother for automatically frothing milk with the help of a hose that you connect to the machine. There’s a milk spout that pours the frothed milk directly into the cup.
In keeping with the One-Touch coffee functionality, the fast and efficient milk frothing systems of the Jura J6 and E6 are brilliant.
I’ve found that the Fine Foam Frother technology of the Jura is quite professional. It is capable of producing beautifully textured milk for different coffee drinks. This means you will taste milk differently in a latte macchiato, a cappuccino, etc. Or you just simply select the hot milk setting or milk foam.
Starting with the comfortable cup clearance, the Jura J6 lets you adjust from 2.6 to 4.4 inches and the Jura E6 from 2.5 to 4.5 inches. This means you can fit standard to slightly larger mugs under the spout without a problem.
Moving on, both machines feature a low-energy mode with auto shut-off. The coffee grounds container that stores used coffee pucks are also the same – 16 coffee pucks.
The control panel for the Jura J6 and E6 are also similar. You have access to all the coffee functions and programmable settings via the TFT color display with a rotary switch (for milk) and buttons.
Quick Rundown Of Jura J6 15150
- Fine foam technology. Frequency is 60 hz
- Tft display and the rotary selection
- Jura Coffee app compatible
- Optional cool control milk Cooler (Extra cost)
- CLEARYL smart I.W.S. Filter cartridge
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Jura E6 15070
- Makes 6 specialty drinks including: cappuccino, Coffee, two coffees, Espresso, two Espresso, milk foam
- Controls make it easy to find, customize and brew your favorite drinks
- Pulse extraction process brews Coffee with a full, rich bouquet and delicious flavor
- Eight Coffee strength levels allow you to fine tune each drink
- Fast, quiet G3 grinder creates 60 percent less Leftover ground Coffee
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Jura J6
- Jura J6 Vs Saeco Xelsis: Does The Price Decides A Potent Espresso Machine? Honest Review After 4 Months Of Using
- Jura J6 vs Z6: Choosing The Machine With Better Coffee Brewing And More Stable Temperature
- Jura ENA 8 vs J6 Review: Looking For Features That Produce Delicious Espresso With The Help Of Super-Automatic Espresso Makers
- Jura E8 vs J6: What Do You Prefer? Comparing Espresso Flavor & Programmability Of 2 Fully-Automated Espresso Makers
Related Articles to Jura E6
- Jura E6 Vs Philips 3200: 2 Espresso Machines In Different Price Ranges. Which Performs Better?
- Jura E6 Vs Saeco Xelsis: Reviewing 2 Super-Automatic Espresso Machines For Home Use
- Jura WE6 vs E6 Comparison Review: Comparing Critical Features That Affect Performance & Make A Difference To Espresso Drinkers
- Jura ENA Micro 90 vs E6 Review: Which Espresso Maker Makes Better Coffee With Minimal Maintenance & Long-Term Durability?
- Jura E6 vs ENA 8 Comparison Review: Which Is The Next Fully Automated & Programmable Espresso Drink For You?
- Jura E6 vs Z6: Which Is The Better Espresso Machine That Every Coffee Lover Wants? More Coffee Customizations & Faster Brewing Performance
- Jura E6 vs S8: Find Your New Favorite Customizable Home Espresso Machine For Lattes, Cappuccinos & Other Delicious Coffee Drinks
- Jura E6 vs E8: Compare The Most Useful Features Of 2 Automated Espresso Machines To Find What Works For You!
- Jura D6 vs E6 Comparison Review: Which Is The Better Feature-Rich & Programmable Semi-Automatic Machine For Espresso & Frothed Milk?
- Jura C65 vs E6: Top 3 Features You’ll Love To Compare On These Super-Automatic Espresso Machines For Coffee Lovers
- Jura C60 vs E6: Customizable Bean-To-Cup Espresso Machines – Which Is Better? Pros & Cons Plus The Final Verdict!
- Jura E6 vs DeLonghi Dinamica Plus: Reviewing 6 Key Differences That Make Both Espresso Machines Barista-Ready For Home Use!
- Jura E6 vs Breville Barista Touch: Different Machines For Different Coffee Lovers
- Jura A1 vs E6: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- Jura E6 15070 from Jura https://us.jura.com/en/homeproducts/machines/E6-Platin-UL-15070
- Jura J6 15150 from Jura https://www.1stincoffee.com/jura-j6.htm
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.