It’s time to find out the true winner between Jura J6 vs Z6. These espresso makers have been sparking tons of debates, and people are wondering if they are good at-home machines. My answer is: Jura Z6 is the better option.
Jura Z6 has a very stable operation and smooth espresso extraction. The coffee flavor is smooth and nuanced, while the texture gives a good mouthfeel. The grinder works great with minimal noise as well. I recommend this machine for home use to any group of 2-3 users.
The runner-up Jura J6 also makes great coffee with aromatic and robust flavor. The milk system is fairly stable as well. But the coffee and milk temperature aren’t the best. And, the machine takes a bit of time to switch from coffee to milk.
Jura J6 vs Z6: Comparison ChartTable could not be displayed.
Jura J6 vs Z6: Differences
Jura Z6 wins 3 to 1 against Jura J6. The former brews espresso with consistently excellent flavor, and the warm-hot milk temperature is what has caught my attention. Its 81 oz water tank makes this model perfect for shared apartments and families as well.
Coffee Flavor: Jura Z6
The Aroma G3 grinder with 6 levels of texture runs in almost if not every Jura product. The same goes for these models. So far, my experience with the grinders have been pleasant. I haven’t gone through jams or anything similar.
But, I would like to give you some tips if you decide to go with one of these machines. Jura Z6 brews mellow, slightly sweet, and very smooth espresso, making it ideal for coffee lovers who can’t consume strong coffee. But, it doesn’t mean that you can’t get a robust and strong coffee from it. I suggest setting the grinder at level 4 or 5 to achieve a stronger cup.
With Jura J6, the coffee flavor already belongs to the stronger side. Thus, setting the grinder too high will result in too fine coffee ground, which will give you bitter cups of coffee that taste burnt. I suggest you set the grinder at medium level, which is 3, with Jura J6.
+Dosing + tamping
The dosing and tamping are 100% automatic, which means you only have to press a button, and the machine will brew from beans to cup. The dose varies from 5 to 16 grams with both devices, and you adjust it by choosing different levels of coffee strength.
I have tried setting booth machines’ doses at max level. While with Jura Z6 I experience a truly robust flavor, Jura J6 seems to brew more bitter coffee. Thus setting the dose at medium is advisable on Jura J6.
Both machines use the same 1 Thermoblock system, which kind of giveaway that temperature control is not their forte. But, I clearly notice that Jura Z6 is more stable.
The coffee temperature of both models is not the hottest, and it runs around the 180-185F range. But, Jura Z6 can deliver higher milk temperature, ensuring that the final milk-based drink isn’t too cool. Jura J6, on the other hand, gives a warm final cup, not hot enough to drink with patience.
With Jura Z6 and J6, you can make both classic drinks like espresso or ristretto, or you can brew milk-based recipes like flat whites, macchiatos, lattes. Flavor-wise, both machines do a phenomenal job with their espressos. In terms of milk-based beverages, Jura Z6 makes slightly better coffee with its creamy milk foam.
Milk system: Jura Z6
The first thing that I notice is that both machines aren’t experts in making microfoam. So dry and airy milk foam is not common in these models. However, if you love latte and flat white, Jura Z6 and J6 will be perfect. They froth creamy, thick, and full-bodied foam, which gives latte and flat white a perfectly velvety texture. Jura Z6 wins, however, thanks to its high milk temperature.
Cleaning & Maintain: Tie
The cleaning and maintenance of coffee machines usually are very similar. No matter how automatic they are, there will always be handiwork involved. What impresses me is that Jura Z6 and J6 have an auto-purge feature. It cleanses the dispenser whenever the machine turns on or shuts off to ensure that the next brewing delivers the cleanest and most authentic coffee flavor.
As for other parts of the machines, you can use cleaning lotion to cleanse the milk system and cleaning tablets for the entire brew group.
Jura J6 vs Z6: Similarities
Jura Z6 and J6 share some similarities. Let’s explore the 2 basic ones with us below.
Compatible with pre-ground coffee
This feature is not new, and most super-automatic espresso machines have this. You can find the pre-ground slot on top of the machines. Most of the time, it is located inside or next to the bypass doser. You can use any type of coffee ground to your liking. This slot also is where you can put the cleaning tablet to clean the machine thoroughly.
Controllable through app
This feature doesn’t come with Z6 and J6 directly. We have to buy a Bluetooth device designed for Jura machines. But, simply with this device, you can start up the machine early while you are in bed in the morning or when you are brushing your teeth and preparing for school/ work.
This will ensure that the models have a lot of time to prep the brewing process and hot coffee temperature.
Quick Rundown Of Jura Z6
- The pulse extraction process (P.E.P.) allows the whole bouquet of aromas to Blossom. Result: possibly the best Espresso of all time - at the touch of a button
- The innovative nozzle technology prepares fine, compact and very tempting milk foam. The machine switches from milk to milk foam fully automatically
- The Z6 packs incredible performance into compact Dimensions. All the control elements are conveniently accessible on the front
- Maintenance is just as easy as preparing a Coffee: one touch of a button is all that's needed
- Only Original Jura maintenance products Guarantee complete hygiene and protection. Only our protective formulas have been carefully optimized to suit the programmed and materials used in Jura automatic machines.
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Quick Rundown Of Jura J6
- Fine foam technology. Frequency is 60 hz
- Tft display and the rotary selection
- Jura Coffee app compatible
- Optional cool control milk Cooler (Extra cost)
- CLEARYL smart I.W.S. Filter cartridge
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Related Articles to Jura Z6
- Jura Z6 Vs Saeco Xelsis: Which Espresso Machine Serves More Delicious Beverages For Larger Crowds?
- Jura We6 vs Z6: Which Makes Better Espresso And Has More Diverse Coffee Recipes?
- Jura Z6 vs Giga 6 Review: A Few Important Features To Consider Before Buying A Superior Super-Automatic Machine For Your Kitchen
- Jura Giga 5 vs Z6 Review: What To Look For? Bean-To-Cup Espresso Machines For Entry-Level Espresso Drinkers At A Premium Cost
- Jura We8 vs Z6: Which Espresso Maker Is Better For Homeowners And Which Is For Big Crowds?
- Jura S8 vs Z6: Comparing Coffee Flavor And Automation Level Of 2 Quality Espresso Makers
- Jura ENA 8 vs Z6 Review: What To Look For? Finding The Perfect Bean-To-Cup Espresso Machine With Built-In & Customizable Espresso Drinks
- Jura E8 vs Z6: Which Is The Best Entry-Level Espresso Machine For Coffee Lovers? 5 Critical Factors To Consider Right Now
- Jura Z8 vs Z6: Which Espresso Maker Suits Your Expensive And Sharp Taste Better?
- Breville Oracle vs Jura Z6: Which High-End Espresso Machine Is Worth Its 3000$ Price Tag?
- Jura E6 vs Z6: Which Is The Better Espresso Machine That Every Coffee Lover Wants? More Coffee Customizations & Faster Brewing Performance
- Breville Oracle Touch vs Jura Z6: Which Of These Superautomatic Machines Offers Better Espresso And Is Easier to Use?
Related Articles to Jura J6
- Jura J6 Vs Saeco Xelsis: Does The Price Decides A Potent Espresso Machine? Honest Review After 4 Months Of Using
- Jura ENA 8 vs J6 Review: Looking For Features That Produce Delicious Espresso With The Help Of Super-Automatic Espresso Makers
- Jura E8 vs J6: What Do You Prefer? Comparing Espresso Flavor & Programmability Of 2 Fully-Automated Espresso Makers
- Jura J6 vs E6 Review: Why You Should Get It? Comparing The Features & Durability Of 2 Programmable Coffee Makers
Jura Z6: https://us.jura.com/en/homeproducts/machines/Z6-Alu-UL-15093/Specifications#tabs
Jura J6: https://us.jura.com/-/media/global/pdf/manuals-na/Home/J6/download_manual_j6_UL.pdf?la=en&hash=CDCB5CE7E0C9AA0E8B85DB05FA3C9333AC2A5B10&em_force=true
I am a passionate coffee drinker. Since I left my job as a barista a few years back in 2012, I’ve been sharing my expertise on coffee and buying the best coffee equipment online. That’s how Wild Boar Coffee came to life.
I write about everything coffee-related under the sun. Where to buy the freshest coffee beans from? How to test coffee beans based on texture, aroma, and acidity?
I know all this from scratch – all thanks to my years and years of experience as a barista. So I’ve gotten real up-close-and-personal with coffee beans and different brewing techniques.